Parasites & drugs

n0ki

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 03:12 pm
Am I correct to assume that drugs taken orally work by being absorbed by the intestines?

Hey I might have a parasite & was wondering if their presence can weaken drug absorption? After all, parasites can weaken the intestines' ability to absorb nutrients so why wouldn't the same go for drugs, assuming the drug was taken orally? Does it matter what type of drug it is & what type of parasite it is? Would a parasite affecting the intestines be sure to cause troubles for drug absorption? Would it just slow down the drug absorption or would it actually make a lot of the drug useless, perhaps even stealing it for itself?

Other then parasites, are there any other conditions that can weaken drug (taken orally) absorption? Which are these, if any? & would it matter what kind of drug?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 343 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 03:24 pm
@n0ki,
If you think you have a parasite, don't speculate about it online.

Go to your doctor. Yesterday.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 06:57 pm
@n0ki,
I think by the time intestinal parasites started affecting oral meds absorption, you'd be way past the point of thinking that you "might have" a parasite. You'd be damn well sure of it. But please follow jespah's advice.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Parasites & drugs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:24:40