Your face or your body?

msolga

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 01:00 am
A dear friend was recently given this advice by a foxy elderly lady:

"My dear, when a woman reaches a certain age, it's either her body or her face ... Keeping both in optimum condition at the same time is not possible."

Hmmmmmm .... So what do you think of that?
Agree?
Disagree?
And if a choice is necessary, which would you choose?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 849 • Replies: 10
No top replies

kirsten

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 04:58 am
I disagree. Keeping the body in shape is so important for a full, productive life, and doing so is bound to reflect in the face as well.
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 06:25 am
It's become easier to keep one's face younger with the more and more common use of plastic surgery/botox, so that's no longer a problem - at least for awhile. Once you get on the facial plastic surgery band wagon you do it knowing that you'll look great for awhile, but eventually the tables turn and you start to look like Joan Rivers.

As for the body part, you can do your best to keep it looking as good as possible but even working out and biking 3 times a week I'll never have the body I had when I was 21. What I used to consider a 9 can never be much more than an 8 on my best day. Happens to the best of us.

The main thing to do is be aware of it and try your best. Most of it depends upon heredity anyway. If your parents look great at 50+ if you've taken care of yourself, you probably will too.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 06:28 am
A loving partner/spouse who tells you you are beautiful is better than any exercise or diet in my books.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 11:40 am
You must keep your face in mint condition, so that you can continue to lie to people and get away with for the rest of your life.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 06:44 pm
not sure why society/culture puts so much emphasis on women aging when gravity applies to aging men as well.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2004 06:56 pm
Gala wrote:
not sure why society/culture puts so much emphasis on women aging when gravity applies to aging men as well.

Men don't have boobs?

Oh, wait, some of them do. Good point.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 06:26 am
Gargamel, i wasn't referring specifically to boobs, more so along general lines of overall affects of aging. for example, i see many middle aged men who get big bellies, not for any other reason than they don't exercise. Then again, i suppose a paunch on a man is considered "status".
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:53 am
Double standard, Gala. Although things have gotten better in that respect, we're women are still the ones who are expected to look great and for as long as we can. How many over-40 TV female newscasters, pharmaceutical reps, or any job in the entertainment industry that doesn't indicate a "frumpy old mom type" are there out there compared to males? Not too many.

Men are allowed to get old, we're not. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:03 am
If I had to choose, I'd choose face.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 05:04 am
I presume the person quoted was referring to the " normal" aging process, not enhancing one's looks with plasic surgery, etc. And I think I know what she meant .... as one ages it is rather a delicate balance ... for example, a "perfect" body weight could lead to a rather gaunt, drawn appearance in the face. A healthier looking face might be the result of carrying a little more weight than you'd prefer. I'm with Eva .... If I had to choose I'd go for the face.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Your face or your body?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:23:57