Unusually, a scam I approve of

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 02:20 am
The UK 'Daily Telegraph' has a story about three Chechen women who conned (allegedly) around $3,000 out of Islamic State fighters in Syria by pretending they wanted to be jihadi brides and requesting travelling expenses up front.

"One of the women told Russian tabloid Life News that it all began when a fighter in Syria contacted her on social media, asking her to give up everything for a life with the terror group.

“I told him that I didn’t have any money, and he offered to sent me 10,000 [roubles - £107] on Qiwi-Wallet,” she said, referring to a popular Russian electronic cash transfer system.

She accepted, and when he transferred the cash, she blocked him from all of her social media accounts and kept the money for herself.

She then repeated the stunt with two other Isil fighters, pocketing about £500 in total.

Her scheming came to an end when she was caught by Chechen police, along with the other two women, who now face charges of fraud, which carry a maximum sentence of six years in jail. "

A Chechen police spokesman said they would not advise anyone to "enter into correspondence with dangerous criminals in any case, and especially not to make some easy money,”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11775228/Three-Chechen-girls-catfished-isis.-Now-theyre-internet-heroes.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 405 • Replies: 1
No top replies

neologist

Reply Sun 6 Sep, 2015 05:41 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Wouldn't the ISIL fighters have to testify?

There's something very intriguing about that possibility. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unusually, a scam I approve of
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:42:17