The most unconvincing defence ever

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
A Muslim extremist attempts to cause carnage in a high-speed train between Amsterdam and Paris but is wrestled down by heroic passengers, foremost among whom were three young Americans. His lawyer claims he was not at all intending a massacre. He was just a poor poor homeless man who had wanted to hold up the passengers of the train to buy food. Yeah, right, he had no food (even though free food is handed out to the homeless by numerous charities), but he did have what looks like new sneakers and an assault rifle and an automatic pistol with 9 full magazines, all of it in a new backpack. Oh, I forgot, he claims he "found" the guns in a park.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34024776
This must be the most ridiculous defence ever mounted!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 327 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 03:30 pm
@Paaskynen,
When you put that all together in one paragraph, I have to agree.
Paaskynen

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 11:23 am
@roger,
It is amazing how much eyewitness accounts of the same event differ, but the full story seems to be the French fought back first and the Americans and British finished it. It is almost like WWI. I am surprised at the admirable restraint shown by the three Americans who did not kill the terrorist when they had the chance. And that the wounded US serviceman then went on to save the wounded Frenchman who had been shot in the back and neck (after wrestling the AK-47 from the attacker).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The most unconvincing defence ever
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 12:50:45