Surprise Party

Tience

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 08:29 pm
My husband I attended the party for our son. When we got there some of her family had already arrived. We walked into the house and she was there and did not even acknowledge that we had arrived. Why would I want to visit or keep in touch with her? Could you give me a reason?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 947 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Tience

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 08:47 pm
Keep in mind my son and his wife live out of town. She also invited us.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:22 pm
Sometimes good manners are not taught and have to be learned on ones own. If this is the only time she has ignored you, I wouldn't worry about it. She may have been overwhelmed by throwing the whole surprise party and some things just got overlooked.
0 Replies

Tience

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:30 pm
Believe me this is not the first time this has happened. She is totally different toward her family. She is all bubbly when she is with them. She is not the type of person that I can have a conversation with her answers are either yes or no. She has nothing to add.
0 Replies

Tience

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:33 pm
How can you over look your mother in-law and father in- arriving from out of town?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 09:41 pm
Not knowing either one of you, or your daughter-in-law, it's hard to answer that question. Have you mentioned this to your son? Surely he may be able to provide you with the answer you are looking for.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:08 am
You son loves this woman. Surely you love your son enough to donate a kidney? Just think of being pleasant to this woman as a sort of kidney donation that you do for love of your son.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:13 am
Tience, maybe you should give her a big hug. Just walk right up and hug her and then say, "Hey cutie, let's go grab a beer and watch some bowling on tv."

I am quite certain that will work.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:20 am
Tience- Listen to Gus. Beneath the flapdoodle, there are a lot of wise words.

Don't stand on ceremony. Maybe your daughter in law likes you, maybe she doesn't. Maybe she is a rude, unmannerly person. Maybe not.

The point is that she is married to your son, and he loves her. On the occasions that you do see her, be pleasant, if not downright exuberant. It will make for a much better relationship.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:25 am
Phoenix shocked me when she wrote:
Listen to Gus.

I...I...I've never heard those words spoken before.

I think I'm going to cry.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:27 am
Quote:
I think I'm going to cry.

Aw com'ere Gus. Mamma'll make it ALL better! Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:30 am
Shocked

Rarely do I use emoticons, but words alone could not express my emotions at that statement.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:50 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Tience

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 09:51 am
My daughter in-law doesn't drink, maybe I would like her better if she did.
Are you saying I should let her treat me any way because she is married to my son. Think, would you really go visit her and be treated as though you don't exist?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:40 am
I have a daughter-in-law whom I adore and a passel of step-daughters-in-law who range from courteous to unfriendly. None of them are well-informed and none of them share my interests. Such is the luck of the draw that my stepsons all live in the area and my own son and his wife are six hours away.

Once, twice a month--if that often--I socialize like a lady. The rest of the time I'm happy that I don't see them more often. None of these women married into the family to enrich my life--nor do I expect them to do so. All of them, despite what I consider to be limitations make my stepsons and the grandchildren happy.

Their behavior is not my problem and I do not choose to make it my problem. As far as I'm concerned, once or twice a month is enough time to spend with these women. The rest of the month is my time, and free from discourtesy and boredom.

What does your husband say about his daughter-in-law? Do you have a close relationship with your son? Has this marriage produced any grandchildren?

Sometimes seeking better family relations are like a great-hearted but somewhat short sighted dog chasing a car. If he caught the car, what would he do with it?
0 Replies

Tience

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 04:44 pm
My husband doesn't like the daughter in-law anymore than I do. They have one child. She is enough to drive you to drink. Maybe, I should have a glass of wine before I visit her.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 06:49 pm
A little wine might be a good idea--one glasse before the visit and two glasses afterward.

Good luck.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Surprise Party
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 03:44:08