Playing the lottery is just plain stupid.

Montana

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 11:21 am
Like Seal said " it gives me something to dream about for awhile". I buy a few tickets every week and spend very little money. For those of you who spent money going to restaurants, pubs, clubs, going on vacations, and so on, I'm quite sure you spend far more than I do on the lottery.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 05:47 pm
kickycan wrote:
I lost it all, my friend. I live in a refridgerator box now. It's a sad day in Kickytown.

Sad
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 05:51 pm
Depends on how you think about it Kicky, it's a cheap way for some nice fantasies to dance around in your head.

Kinda like buying a playboy.

I've never bought one, so my lottery fantasies have this unfortunate "but you never bought that winning ticket dammit!" quality to them.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 06:28 pm
I played the lottery once, and never played it again after that. Why invest your money in something that will never pay back properly? People can talk about getting a few hundred dollars back, but the amount lost is not worth it. It is much better to know one's limits and set reasonable fantasies than to set oneself up for disappointment each week, I feel.

0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 06:34 pm
Drom, I completely agree with you. Although I do admit, I buy one of those "win for life" tickets about once a year or so. I admit, it does give me a little thrill when I'm scratching that grey stuff off. I'm always thinking, "I know I'm going to win. I know I'm going to win. I know I'm going to win.", as if that could somehow make it happen. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 06:51 pm
I laid out some sound reasons for playing the Texas lottery, plus, I explained that a few bucks of my erstwhile tobacco/alcohol money is all I spend. Nobody has shown that the few idle fantasies that sometimes flit in my mind are harmful or sufficient cause to make me stop playing.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 08:15 pm
We enjoy playing. Winning someday is a nice fantasy.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 08:16 pm
delete
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:04:47