Puzzle collection 91 (UK) stinker

margsy

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 07:10 am
Can anyone please help me with these clues:
130d Branch of orthodox islam (PRESBYOPI?)
182a Billboards (S?G???E)
Would be very grateful for any help. ttfn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 507 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 07:21 am
@margsy,
Billboards - signage?
0 Replies

James34

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 10:07 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
The answer is SUNNI
I have just finished this stinker.
Well it is tennis time and for week two we are having some rain. The lawns badly need it. We have a collared dove nesting in our acer, so should fledge soon.
Take care
james
margsy

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 04:33 am
@James34,
Thank you for your answer but think maybe you have the wrong clues l was asking,check if for me. lt is lovely when birds choose your garden to nest and bring their young into the world, we used to have quite a few blue tit nests in ours eaves, but last year and this year there has been a drop, but the birds are still plentiful at the feeding tube we have hanging off of my washing line. The weather here is very changeable, at present the sun is shining but no doubt we will have rain later, and we are still having winds almost all the time, not high winds thank goodness. Feel better today -have been having lot of problems with right hamstring in a lot of pain-nothing to do but just hope it heals quickly-, my new wheels for my wheelchair arrived today and hubby is busy putting the inner tube into the tyre and l will be mobile again.
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 04:40 am
@James34,
Please accept my apologies, l gave the wrong clue to 139d it should have read,Blurred vision in old age, which comes out as PRESBYOPIA, so then SIGNAGE is correct for 182a. Many thanks to smithy as well,Feel so silly, might be due to old age and my pain, which l should have to just try and SUCK IT UP.Once again apologies.
James34

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 10:46 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
No need to apologise. We are young people getting older and at times it can be difficult. Things we were able to do so easily takes much longer. I keep forgetting things, and unless I do it at the time, I have to rethink.
Why do you not have solid wheelchair tyres?
Warm today, wind dropped
take care
James
x
margsy

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:49 am
@James34,
My wheelchair is a transporter one with smaller wheels, easier to get into the car, have had it for some years and the tyres had worn a little and the wire on the inside has come away from the actual tyre and had punctures the inner tube. l am the same as you, if l do not do things when l think of them l forget sometimes and when shopping if l have not got it on the list but need to get it, most times l forget and kick myself when l get home. Comes to us all, old age, l just cannot understand where the years went, l feel not different than l did over twenty years ago.
0 Replies