Electric to my barn

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 09:11 am
I would like to run a 220 volt 100 amp service to my barn 120' away from my house. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this task. I have read a ton of info on adding these sub panels in a unattached building. Just trying make sure is done correctly.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,553 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 08:32 am
My guess would be grab some pipe wire single phase subpanel and a double pole double throw breaker : there you have it on load side. I am not sure if you can put a 100 amp breaker into the main panel. Probably end up replacing the main with a panel that is manufactured to feed a sub and handle more amps
0 Replies
Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 08:09 pm
You would need to run pvc pipe from your main panel to a sub panel at lease 3 feet deep. Make sure your main panel that is probably rated 200 amps can handle additional loads first
0 Replies
Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 04:54 am
I wouldn't experiment with wires if I didn't know how to do it right. So, the electrician has no right to make a mistake.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Main Breaker Tripped 2x - Question by decadent
240 Why - Question by lenchase
Electrical Wiring Question - Question by cdime
electrical showers - Question by grains93
6000W cooktop circuit - Question by 1hairycanary
Tempory power supply - Question by 51 nelson
  1. Forums
  2. » Electric to my barn
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/21/2021 at 12:20:56