Inequality For All

thack45

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:33 pm
Has anyone seen this documentary? https://facebook.com/InequalityForAll?tsid=0.4201556898187846&source=typeahead
It's currently on Netflix, and though I admit I've only watched half of it so far, it's pretty interesting. From the description:

Quote:

Description
In this timely and entertaining documentary, noted economic policy expert Robert Reich takes on the enormous question of what has been happening to our economy. He distills the story through the lens of widening income inequality -- currently at historic highs -- and and explores what effects this increasing gap has not only on our economy but our democracy itself.

Plot Outline
In the wake of the financial crisis and the recent rise of the Occupy movement, the issue of income inequality has gained unprecedented public awareness. Over the last thirty years, the U.S. economy itself doubled. But, these gains went to a very few: the top 1% of earners now take in more than 20% of all income -- three times what they did in 1970. Distortions are even more extreme at the very top. The 400 richest Americans now own more wealth than the bottom 150 million combined.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 488 • Replies: 2
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:35 pm
That's been bouncing around a long time. I am a fan of Robert Reich.
thack45

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 09:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'd never heard of him, of course, Embarrassed but I'm certainly becoming a fan. He seems very intelligent, as well as completely genuine in his concerns
0 Replies