0
   

Retired NASA scientists warn poop against greentard alarmism

 
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:14 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Was that the "Papal 'we'" you used in the last sentence above? I would think so, since not everyone is Catholic. And, since the "Papal we" is the Pope and God, I think God does what He wants with the world.
I don't know that you Americans use a different word for more than one person. We here in Europe say "we" when meaning more than one. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You're better educated than I am. I'd always thought that a pluralis majestatis means what it says: "the plural of majesty". And that it refers/referred to single person holding a high office, such as a monarch, sultan or religious leader the Pope, the Patriarch of Jesusalem, the Patriarch of Moscow, ... ....
Thanks.
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No. I am not better educated than you are. Nor am I more intelligent than you. I just would have preferred you being born in the U.S.A., since this country needs all the brains it can get to survive into the coming centuries. There are enough intelligent, industrious (aka, hard-working) Germans in Germany. Thank goodness the Revolution of 1848 gave the U.S.A. a nice sized complement of Germans. Your loss was our gain.
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:28 am
@Foofie,
And that is why you don't use "we" as the plural of persons?
gungasnake
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 10:30 pm
@Foofie,
A lot of Germans came here in the 1700s to avoid Prussian and other German wars. Freidrich II once told the French philosopher Voltaire that if any of his soldiers ever thought about what they were doing for 15 seconds they'd all be gone and a lot of the people you see in Pa. with German names are descended from guys who thought about it for 16 seconds or more.
Foofie
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:50 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

A lot of Germans came here in the 1700s to avoid Prussian and other German wars. Freidrich II once told the French philosopher Voltaire that if any of his soldiers ever thought about what they were doing for 15 seconds they'd all be gone and a lot of the people you see in Pa. with German names are descended from guys who thought about it for 16 seconds or more.


While there are enclaves of those whose families remained of just German descent, in Wisconsin, the state with the most people of German descent, generations mixed Scandanavian (Lutherans) with German (Lutherans). Today, they might feel that German ancestry gives them an advantage to having a work ethic, possibly, or to enjoy an Octoberfest, they are just Americans. Germany is too small to go back to, I'd think. And Catholic Germans do marry Catholic Irish. Our seperateness might reflect religious divisions more than ancestral divisions?

0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

And that is why you don't use "we" as the plural of persons?


I don't understand what context you are referring to? Why would I include myself ("we") when referring to someone else?
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 02:13 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I don't understand what context you are referring to? Why would I include myself ("we") when referring to someone else?
I didn't want to include you. Sorry.
So I rephrase that sentence again: "what sort of world do humans besides Foofie want to leave for future generations?"
Foofie
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 05:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
I don't understand what context you are referring to? Why would I include myself ("we") when referring to someone else?
I didn't want to include you. Sorry.
So I rephrase that sentence again: "what sort of world do humans besides Foofie want to leave for future generations?"


The humans "besides Foofie" are divided in their opinions. There is a majority, in my opinion, that would like future generations of Americans to still be living in a world where the USA is a world power. That might not happen because the sun might set on European dominance? Or, America morphs into a world power based on intelligent people from the current developing nations.

Similar to Israel, as an analogy, America in the future (like Israel) might not be led by people of European descent? Just my own conjecturing.
0 Replies
 
gungasnake
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 07:06 pm
Jeff Steinberg and Jason Ross of LaRouche Pac describe the dickhead (Schnellnhuber) responsible for the junk science diet which Poop Francis is being fed, i.e. where the bullshit in this "climate change" encyclical is coming from:

http://able2know.org/topic/281722-1

0 Replies
 
gungasnake
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 06:23 am
https://larouchepac.com/20150616/razors-edge-case-satanic-john-schellnhuber
0 Replies
 
gungasnake
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2015 06:59 am
Poop calla for humanity to commit suicide:

http://www.npr.org/2015/06/18/415537210/pope-francis-calls-for-urgent-action-on-climate-change-in-encyclical
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

LaRouche on Bernie Sanders - Discussion by gungasnake
Putin's UN speech - Discussion by gungasnake
Obunga and the British - Discussion by gungasnake
Dope Inc. - Discussion by gungasnake
The coming crash - Discussion by gungasnake
Russia prepares for war - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/13/2018 at 11:31:43