Women can't understand "Goodfellas"

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 04:23 am
... says Kyle Smith, the New York Post’s chief film critic. He says that women think the lead characters are lowlifes, while men see them as heroes. I am interested in what he means by "understand". I think he means "interpret like I do". My mother-in-law, wife, sister, and daughter all "got" the movie pretty well, it seems to me. They (and I) saw it as a brilliantly directed, acted, photographed and scripted film, which portrayed a bunch of sadistic amoral thugs who counted human life as cheap.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/10/sorry-ladies-youll-never-understand-why-guys-love-goodfellas/

I have since read that Henry Hill was a fantasist and far from being in danger from the Mafia, was regarded as a joke. On his death (of heart failure) the Guardian wrote: "Could it be that his betrayal wasn't quite so uniquely dramatic as it appeared, or that Hill personally didn't make that much of an impression, and that the criminal fraternity had a lively appreciation of the fictional touches in his gangster identity? We shall never know. At any rate, Henry Hill sleeps, but not with the fishes."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 505 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 04:25 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
dont forget "The Three STtooges" women dont get them either.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Women can't understand "Goodfellas"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:34:45