Folly Personified Trumps Dry Bones

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 06:28 pm
and of course, headgear!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 06:51 pm
How on earth could you see al that? I thought it was the FTD guy (which God was that?).
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 07:45 pm
The FTD guy?! ROTFLMAO!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Folly and wisdom are intertwined." I like that. Describes me, too, I think. Good symbol, Noddy. I would have loved to have known you "back when," just as I value your friendship now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 08:47 pm
Thanks to all.

Adrian--

Don't you think A2K should play with a full deck?

eBeth--

I trust your taste. You have an excellent feeling for style, on and off the net.

Eva--

I'm still wondering what I'll be when I grow up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 08:59 pm
The FTD god - Hermes as I recall.

ahhhhhhhhh,

Quote:
THE FLEET-FOOTED messenger with wings on his heels and cap symbolizes fast floral delivery. However, Hermes was neither originally winged nor a messenger -- that role was reserved for the rainbow goddess Iris (Medusa's cousin and the daughter of Thaumys and Elektra) [See TABLE 1]. Hermes was, instead, clever, tricky, a thief, and, with his awakening or sleep conferring wand (rhabdos), the original sandman whose descendants include a major Greek hero and a noisy, fun-loving god.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/weekly/aa112100a.htm

Quote:
... the power of the Fool is not the power of the establishment; it is the power of the iconoclast, the rebel, the civil disobedient, the revolutionary, the protester, the comic, the mocker, the prankster. The Fool thumbs his nose at the rules.

(from Noddy's link)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 09:20 pm
eBeth--

Style and substance! Danka.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 06:34 am
Lovely! A minidress, a funky hat, a rose and a small white dog! Very, very stylin'. As RP said, Noddy too Hottie.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:08 pm
Thanks, Jespah. I've decided to have a technicolor year for myself instead of just dealing with other people's colorful problems.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 11:34:20