Open Letter to Apple.\/Mac

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:37 am
Recent L to the E of our excellent Friendly Local Fourth Estate, Victorville, Ca Daily Press. I am wondering, given some 300,000 past and future participangts of a2k, whether anyone has noted the deficiencies of the latest Apple OpSys

Open letter to Apple/Mac:

As you’re doubtless aware, the new Apple OpSys is a disaster beyond imagining. Don’t we get sick of the requirement for password, over and over again, 52 times a day. And that damnable little colored rotating circle, takes forever to go away.

Power on, go eat breakfast; return to enter password, now do a little yardwork; come back and it has rejected your password so enter it again, go take a crap; retreat, enter password once more, go feed the kitties; later select an app. What now? oh, go make that pot of coffee; finally, wow, there’s my app. !!!!

Type a line, look up at screen, and my Apple has accepted only its first half. Retype second half whereupon after five or ten seconds, wow, we now have two second halves…..

My latest discovery, re Mail: Although the “Address” listing has disappeared with the new OpSys, my excellent No. 1 Son, an expert in these matters, has put me onto a taskbar icon app. called “Contacts,” which contains the required information.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=what+call+row+of+icons+to+left+or+bottom+of+screen

Unlike the previous OpSys, where you doubleclick on the entry to place it in “To:” or “Cc:”, in this app. you hafta drag the entry over into the Address Field.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Top+of+message+Cc:+and+To:+called

…., at first something of a nuisance. However, it has this advantage: It lets you easily place an add. between two others.

Of course, this app. isn’t perfect either, because as you know one of the requirements for a software editing-routine writer (who can’t recognize “p[ot” as a misspelling of “pot” or “ids” of “is") is that the applicant's IQ be less than 32. So addressing your message you’ll find the app. fails at the end of the add. line so for instance you have to place it in after “Cc:" then drag it up into “To:”.

For that reason I’d recommend a third add. field, maybe “Reply to:.” You’ll thank me. Guys, you just hafta raise that requirement--from 32 to at least 74!!

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley

Oh incidentally, edited to add your "Inbox" address listing no longer lists all pertinent incoming mail, but only those to which no answer has yet applied. Unbelievably, such a message along with all answers appear individually under the original title, where the combined message is missing entirely

Come on, among some 300,000 a2k'ers, am I the only one to notice this absurd software disaster
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 508 • Replies: 6
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 07:53 pm
@dalehileman,
hey, at least you didnt blow 15000$ on an i Watch.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2015 09:41 pm
@farmerman,
Ive been on the phone with the Apple help desk, I usually give up after 2 hours, they seem confused by the problems I describe and are really not sure how to fix them. So far Ive managed to fix our iPhones, one iPad and the Macbook Air, one iPad is still not fixed and Im getting prompts to upgrade to another version. Ha!
Drives me nuts.

mr. g'bag asked me if I wanted the stupid Iwatch, No, I do not want another gadget that requires constant updates. Besides, I like watches that look like jewelry and are not on plastic bands.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 09:53 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
hey, at least you didnt blow 15000$ on an i Watch.
Oh no, Man, for God sake no
dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 09:54 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Drives me nuts.
Yea me too, Glit
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 04:59 pm
@dalehileman,
the really expensive i phones hve either platinum or gold bands.
My comment about most Appley things is that the gizmos are for entertainment and not real work. I had an i phone for less than 4 months an swapped it with a threat that theyd sue me. I said "gimme your best shots, Im sure youd not like to hear what a dissatisfied customer could say on the net or to a newspaper that heavily does ads for android stuff.

Im satisfied with my Billy Bob Gates puters and my android phone/tablet (a Tablet with 2USBs and a really easy camera and a whole lot of PRODUCTIVITY apps, not just CGI **** to deform your cats face.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 01:27 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
most Appley things

I just plain don't understand why people buy Apple stuff. There is a guy I work with who is always boasting about his Apple this, his Apple that, (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, phone, Apple TV gizmo, yes - all of these!). One day he said he really hated it when stupid people used the word "fanboy". I had to struggle to not burst out laughing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Open Letter to Apple.\/Mac
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/01/2024 at 09:25:05