Help me decipher please!

Caseyj

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 03:28 pm
Hi I have a small question maybe someone could help me. I met this cute Japanese girl as an exchange student. First time we met was nice showing interest both as in conversation and body language. So I got her contact amd asked her out. We went for a couple of drinks and discussed very openly about their culture etc and I honestly think it went very well. Before we parted we hugged, kissed on the cheek and she told me she would definitely would like to meet again. So I kept contact every 2-3 days or so. Not long conversations though. I personally prefer talking in person. So I asked her if she wanted to meet again. Her reply was yes of course!! But some of my friends are leaving this week and I think I will be busy. But I think I can meet with you! Smile

Was that a yes or a no? Got me confused so I had no choice but to throw the ball in her court and tell me when you are available this week maybe I will be too. And a couple of OK stickers from her end. Also first time we met I told her I will cook for her a traditional dish from my country and invited her. I reminded her that if she wants we can meet on Sunday for lunch. I will cook for you. Still interested? Her reply was WOW yes I am of course! I will check and tell you later. But I think I am free.

So that was basically it. 3 days have past and haven't heard from her not even a simple Hi. First time she met she also told me that she doesn't like it when boys are too 'pushy' and therefore I do not want to be that guy of course. Neither I want to look needy.

Anyone can help me maybe decypher her message?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 466 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 04:05 pm
Sounds like she has friends who are leaving this weekend, so she doesn't know if she can make plans with you, too. She has a commitment to them, first.

You can text her and say, "Let me know if we can get together. I am available (list the days and times)."

You have invited her, that's all you can do.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 04:10 pm
@Caseyj,
She wants to meet with you from what you have written but as Punkey stated she already had plans but doesn't know the exact times days etc until the girls tell her.

She said "Wow" and that I think is what bothered you, wow as in can't wait or wow as in already? But, she also followed through with "off course" let her text you if she doesn't by the weekend, text her with a comment about how did the farewell go with your friends, I burnt the dish waiting for you, just kidding so when are you free young lady.

Something along those lines, casual, fun, and thoughtful.
Caseyj

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2015 11:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks for your reply. I am definitely sure that it was a WOW as in looking forward to. I know the kind of English she use even though sometimes is not clear. Sometimes I feel lost in transalation. The most thing that is bothering me is the 'tell you later' and 'I think I am free' without having any kind of contact from her end.

I will wait till the weekend then take your advice and contact her after that. Thanks
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Help me decipher please!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.5 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:19:31