The never-ending (?) A2k invention thread?

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 04:57 am
It occurred to me that, from time to time, A2kers come up with astounding inventions or brilliant ideas - which are lost in the maze of threads.

Here is a place to deposit those hilarious pearls of wonder, which are enjoyed at the time, then disappear.....

Please add as you will!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 630 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 04:59 am
Here is the daddy of them all - I bring you Dan-E's brilliant:

"New Lev Train Proposal"

Which became known in some circles as "Peanut Butter Pussycat" - and inspired an avatar!!!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=177&highlight=

Here is the first post on this wonderful thread:

"We are looking for funding to design and build a Revolutionary Lev Train to transport people and cargo without all the hassle of going through the airport, and we're asking you to read the blueprint and decide if you would like to buy shares in this revolutionary new industry.

It's a commonly known fact that a piece of bread with peanut butter will always land face down and that cats always land feet first.

So we plan to harness this power by attaching thousands of cats onto giant slabs of peanut buttered toast and they will then spin inches above the ground never touching it.

We plan then to attach this contraption to the bottom of our vehicle and be able to have cheap quick safe transportation.

If anyone is interested give me money to buy peanut butter, or donate a cat."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 05:04 am
This stunner - (which will make packs of cards, and Solitaire instructions, de rigeur, I believe, in all survival packs) was simply thrown out by Craven on a parenting thread - and makes clever use of a little known variant of Murphy's Law.

It is a superbly elegant solution to "lost-in-the-wildernessagement."

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27856
The post:

"Ok, so you are lost in the desert and you only have a pack of cards. What do you do?

You start playing solitare. After a few minutes someone will tap you on the shoulder and say "put the 5 of hearts on the 6 of clubs.."

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:17 pm
I have a patent pending on a giant sucking machine. Whenever a moderator posts an opinion, the machine will automatically suck up by spewing out: I agree. You are right on target. What a fantastic observation.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:59 pm
Deb - imagine bringing up that train thing again. That DanE's evil, the train idea was wicked, and it's demonstration caused cruelty to my then avatar! Fiend!!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 03:53 pm
Quote:
I have a patent pending on a giant sucking machine.

Let's call it "The Lewinsky"
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 03:58 pm
Or The Perot. Remember the giant sucking noise ..... a prototype.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 04:13 pm
gus, will you quit exploiting that poor woman? Hasn't she suffered enough?

Oh, yes, Noddy. Remember it well. ....right, wasn't he.

Come on Gus and Noddy. Invent something, and don't either of you call it Mother. Smile

gotta get off this pc...wind..rain..hail ..thunder...lightning..Fried Letty for dinner doesn't seem appetizing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 04:54 pm
Hey - any especially wonderful posts or discussions (clever, funny, witty - could be referenced here too, eh?)
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 05:11 pm
dlowan wrote:

"Ok, so you are lost in the desert and you only have a pack of cards. What do you do?

You start playing solitare. After a few minutes someone will tap you on the shoulder and say "put the 5 of hearts on the 6 of clubs.."

This is GREAT Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 05:18 pm
One of my ideas for an invention was the plunger with a splashguard on it. That way when the toilet gets plugged, you can plunge away in earnest without fearing that dreaded dirty water backsplash!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 05:32 pm
test--a machine to automatically inject snake venom into my ISP when it doesn't function up to capacity. Name: Asp in the grass
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:28 pm
A submarine with a shark fin that sells ice cream at beaches. The funny part is once you become famous enough kids will start running towards shark fins, instead of away. Wink
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 01:07 am
Central locking for houses !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 03:05 am
Lol - very nice.

I sort of meant, though, this as a receptacle for wonderful stuff you found in OTHER threads - not really as an invention thread!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:05 am
I see what you mean, dlowan. I looked around for a bit and found a wonderful thread.

check it out
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The never-ending (?) A2k invention thread?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 11:26:50