Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 10:53 am
Open Letter to Apple, or Mac, or Whatever You Call Yourself:

I'm wondering how many others find the new Mac-Apple OpSys or IOS or OSX, or whatever you call it, incredibly slow and laborious, unmanageable.

In the latter respect, eg, mine is continually asking for passwords while my No. 1 Son, an expert in the field, after working with me what seems like hours, was unable to get rid of the requirement

When I arise in the morn I switch on my Mac or PC or whatever you call it, then after breakfast come back and enter a password, whereupon I enter the last one I can remember; then go read the paper for a while; come back and cancel a second password request; go do a little yardwork; come back in and find a third, same request, which I again cancel; return a half-hour later when the site-selection bar is accessible, clicking on Safari, Mail, etc, or whatever...

....on next visit find I hadn't clicked on "Little Bookmark Box Alias," but have forgotten whether it's two clicks or just one; later on after cleaning up the pool, re-entering my office I find I had done it right and there's a little box symbol at the top of the screen; so with several more keystrokes acquire my Bookmark listing, selecting a2k or whatever so I can now chat with you folk.....

Yes, after use I've learned not to Shut Down but instead, Sleep. However sometimes I forget, have to do it all over again

But even then, everything still seems incredibly slow, after each keyclick with that colorful little rotating circle blocking any further moves, for the longest time.... Thought it was me in my old age but no, I'm assured by my No. 1 Son that I'm not the first to complain.. My password thing ids the first such problem he's been unable to help me with by 'phone connection; but I am hop[ing on his next visit.....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=new+apple+op+sys+slow

Then many, many other obstacles, eg, when I go select another site, the one I was using gets shut down. Oh yes, and then I remember there are now seven different ways to select sites, and I had used the wrong one again....

So you guys in the software community, who after some 17 years your editing-routine writers haven't even yet realized "isd" is a misspelling of "is" and "hop[ing" of "hoping," I know your OpSys writers can do a better job

Or have you began imposing that limitation of an IQ less than 53 for employment in that department also....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 330 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 11:19 am
@dalehileman,
As usual those idiotic Mac-Apple folk refuse me access before I'm done correcting my spelling: I had intended to declare how lucky I, to have for my No. 1 Son a PC genius

I wonder how those who don't, even survive in this digital world

That's of course not to say my No. 2 Son isn't also very helpful....
dalehileman

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 02:19 pm
@dalehileman,
As a matter of fact, I have contacted my Friendly Local "Mac Store, " called "Cornice," was advised I should bring it in, for a charge of probably $50 to $100, not bad at all. Leaves me wishing there were a similar service that could be conducted by phone, as I've done successfully many times with my No. 1 Son. There's a routine or program of some sort that allows the correspondent to actually operate one's PCV thru the phone line

Hop[ing in the meantime however one of my sons will at least find a way to get rid of that d.... f..... requirement for passwords

Meanwhile am I alone, amongst some 300,000 potential correspondents, in my revulsion at the new OpSys
dalehileman

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:34 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Meanwhile am I alone
Yea, seem to be
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » New Apple OpSys
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:29:07