Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 01:31 pm
Oh and while I'm writing this open letter to the Software Industry, more about passwords: About 10 years ago I felt myself forced to keep a listing of about 60 different shibboleths so each time I wished to communicate I'd have to find the list once more and look it up

Reason: Different requirements for its construction; its length, the number of caps, its content rejecting an actual word, etc etc etc. So finally I gave up, quit any site or correspondent that wouldn't accept my usual (something like "phewphew")

But God is persistent, as finally I was entirely unable to chat hereabout when my No. 1 Son, bless him, a computer expert, couldn't delete a new requirement, coming with my new Op Sys. Easy to remember (e.g., "phewphew2") but ominous, wondering when the insistent requirement again arises.....

...software editing routine writer not only ids incredibly stupid....
....changing "isd" to "ids".... we found....

Typical a2k'er's response: But Dale, "ids" is the plural of "id." Okay guys, yes, yes, but then why don't you also suggest "is," and why ids it that you sometimes make that correction and sometimes don't????????

Apparently whether or not your Software Editor makes this "correction" depends upon the exact nature of the preceding and following words. I am expecting a someday tome they'll issue: a 7000-page booklet explaining all the hidden rules and regulations

Quote:
...in the case of "isd," the change to "ids" depending on the presence ('here'-ness) of a space both before and after, the left word no longer than 4 letters and the right, more than two but less than 5. Also, while typing the first you're required (told) to close your right eye; the second, gripping (grabbing, grasping) your crotch with your right hand; though if left-handed......

...and in the case of "hop[ing," yes, we do have a committee (a few guys) working on this one. At first the "[" gave us some consternation (trouble) but we were assured (told with a smile) that it's wrong to mix "punctuation marks" with "alphabetical"

Another committee (yes, we've mastered that one) however, is studying the supposed (guessed) diff between the two words, when in a couple of weeks we expect.....

(Suggested alternates (subs) added by a friendly local college professor [Prof., big-time teach] you must have known this one who edits our letters) See, we've learnt about those "[ ]", they're called "brack" or something
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 332 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 04:11 pm
@dalehileman,
How's your gardening coming along, Dale? Been doing any swimming in that pool of yours?
dalehileman

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 04:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
How's your gardening coming along, Dale?
But, Languishing
Forgive pun

Quote:
Been doing any swimming in that pool of yours?
Brrr

http://able2know.org/topic/279478-1
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Oh yes, about passwords....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:24:36