17

Why is yoga so good for you?

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:04 am
Yoga is a way of our living whose aim is a healthy, fresh mind in a healthy body.
The art of practicing yoga helps in controlling an individual mind, body, life and soul. It brings together physical and mental self control to achieve a peaceful body and mind, it helps to handle weight, anxiety, stress and keep you relaxed. It also helps in growing the flexibility, health, strength and muscle of the body. It improved energy and vitality process. Practicing yoga might seem like just produce, but it can do much more for your body from, the way you move, sense, and look.
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 892 • Replies: 14

2  
Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:33 am
@yogaeducation,
Yoga is fine. I prefer hiking for pretty much the same reasons... except with hiking I get spectacular views and people that I enjoy being with.

2  
Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:42 am
When I was still pretty young, I bought a book on yoga. The exercises I learned from it made me feel wonderful. I was already getting plenty of walking and muscle enhancement, with my job. And, when I lit up a cigarette, my body rejected smoking. The whole time I practiced I felt incapable of taking a puff. But I was mobile and my time on the road moved me away from it. I soon lost the book and never bought another one, never did any of the exercises again.

Johnwillton

0  
Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 10:51 pm
Yoga maintain your health, fitness and fresh your mind. Yoga brings together physical and mental self control.

andersonjohn13

0  
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 01:57 am
@yogaeducation,
Yoga is one of the best exercise one can do to increase our strength & flexibility. Yoga builds our muscle strongly & protects us from conditions like arthritis and back pain. It make betters your bone health, increases blood flow & maintains our nervous system.

mark014

0  
Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 01:02 am
@yogaeducation,
Yoga gives you overall fitness, keeps you energetic, stress-free, helps in achieving a healthy weight, strengthens immunity and gives you a sharper mind.

Utkarsha

-1  
Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 06:01 am
@yogaeducation,
Yoga is helpful for a person in various ways:
Maintain Health,
Increase Energy Level,
Improve Blood Circulation,
Makes you Calm,
Increase body flexibility,
Help in digestion,
Various therapies of Yoga will help to fight with the disease and build a good immune system.

MyFloridaGreen

-1  
Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 06:10 am
Good Question yoga like another exercisse make you healthier but best part is it also make your mind fresh.

michaelhermann

-1  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 12:34 am
@yogaeducation,
Yes, you are right, Yoga makes us physically as well as mentally strong.

coluber2001

1  
Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 04:24 pm
I practiced yoga on and off--mostly off--for 40 years. It's wonderful for the flexibility of your spine, your sense of balance, and for deep breathing.
The flexibility of the spine seems to stay with you forever even after you stop doing yoga. I'm 75 and last summer started up again after about a two year layoff. Unfortunately, after too enthusiastically getting into the Lotus position I injured either my knee or hip-- can't remember which-- and even though it was temporary it discouraged me to continue.

https://www.yogatrail.com/yoga-poses/media/2015-03/yoga-pose-lotus-pose-8809-2.jpg
lotus pose

1  
Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 07:57 am

coluber2001

1  
Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 11:28 am
Even though I'm 75 I can still easily get into the plow posture.

https://www.ashtangayoga.info/asana-vinyasa/finishing-positions/02-Halasana.jpg

1  
Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 12:51 pm
Apparently yoga does not help at all with English grammar.

priyanka83

-1  
Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 05:48 am
Yes, you are right. Yoga is the best thing that I started recently and yes I feel many changes internally and externally. I feel more enthusiastic and energetic in my daily life. Thanks to yoga.
I only do 7 asanas:
mountain pose, tree pose, lord of the dance pose, chair pose, triangle pose, downward dog pose and plank (y)
coluber2001

1  
Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 03:35 pm
@priyanka83,
My favorites are the headstand, shoulder stand, plow, half spinal twist, and stork. And I have started doing the plank, although I didn't know it was a yoga pose. Deep breathing while doing these exercises is invigorating. Bending forward during the Lotus pose is fun too, but that's when I had the problem with my knee.

I found an isolated area in a ligustrum thicket near my house to do yoga outside, and it's completely private. There's nothing like doing yoga in the wild.