My Amazing Aunt Natalie

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:50 am
My Aunt Natalie is basically my mom. She is a beloved figure and a truly amazing woman. She has been in the Who's who of American business women. I could go on and on about her.

Yesterday, at 89, she fell and broke her hip. As you know, at that age, a broken hip is generally a pretty bad omen.

My cousin Pete and I agreed that if anyone could see this through and not have it be the beginning of the end it would be her.

Yesterday they took her to surgery and put pins in her hip.

This morning she has already walked 50 yards with a physical therapist. I come from tough stock. I am very proud to be related to her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 633 • Replies: 13
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:51 am
YAY Aunt Natalie! :-D
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 08:59 am
BPB
BPB, your Aunt Natalie is one tough old bird. She will probably be boogieing down the hospital halls by tomorrow and flirting with the men a day later.

Here's to Aunt Natalie Drunk Drunk Drunk

BBB
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 09:56 am
Aunt Natalie sounds like a force to be reckoned with. And you dare say you're giving up on things? BPB - you get in gear right now buddy.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 09:57 am
onyxelle wrote:
Aunt Natalie sounds like a force to be reckoned with. And you dare say you're giving up on things? BPB - you get in gear right now buddy.

I'm no giving up on anything....I've already got a new project up and running...we're playing Friday night.....go to the Gallery and you can see the picture....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 10:09 am
Bi- You are truly fortunate to know her, and have her in your life. I think that the "moxie" that she exhibits will stand her in good stead.

One of the problems of the elderly who have had hip fractures, is that many of them become morose, lay in bed, and then develop pneumonia or clots from laying around. THAT'S what does them in.......not the fracture.

If Aunt Natalie is already up and about, she shows the kind of gumption that will see her through this!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:01 am
Aunt Natale and I have a tennis appoinment for this Friday noon so I hope she's not limping anymore by then :wink: Good luck to her!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:04 am
NickFun wrote:
Aunt Natale and I have a tennis appoinment for this Friday noon so I hope she's not limping anymore by then :wink: Good luck to her!

Now now...FAR be it from ME to hijack anyones thread, especially one began by the Beloved BPB...

but NickFun - you never offered to play any tennis w/ me and I had 2 threads devoted to such a thing.

very sad now...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:07 am
onyxelle- Didn't you know? Nick has a thing for older women! Laughing
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:23 am
onyxelle I was unaware of your tennis threads. If you are in the Boston area I would love to play some tennis with you - assuming I have any energy left after playing Aunt Natalie.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:27 am
I just talked to her...she sounds like her usual upbeat self and she's leaving the hospital tomorrow...she's something....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 11:36 am
Congratulations to Aunt Natalie! When I broke my hip at the end of April, I had several long conversations with the Visiting Nurses and the Visiting Physical Therapists and learned Attitude is All.

Phoenix is right about the number of elderly patients who break a hip, curl up and die. Six months after a hip fracture, only 15% of patients can cross the room unaided.

I predict Aunt Natalie will be crossing the room unaided after six weeks.

May she hold her dominion.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 12:09 pm
That woman sounds like she can hold two or three people's dominions, Noddy!

Go Natalie!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2004 12:23 pm
Growing up my Aunt Natalie was one of one people who could exercise any control whatsoever over me......as I've aged and matured Laughing , that list has doubled to include squinney.....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My Amazing Aunt Natalie
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:40:41