Nation

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:37 am
When my classmates and I first met with our forgien teacher,he asked us to guess which nation he was from.He is a Scottish,but when we said he came from England,he said no.I know a little that there is something wrong between Scottish and English in the last few centuries,but now,they are all British,Is there any necessarity to be so nationlistic?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 329 • Replies: 1
No top replies

fresco

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 09:24 am
@PattonGeller,
Scotland has a land border with England, a different legal system and its own parliament. In the recent British election, the Scottish National Party won all but three seats in Scotland. Scottish Nationalism has become more prominent recently partly due to nationwide austerity measures imposed by the British government(which hit parts of Scotland hard), and extremists tend to cite historical 'English atrocities' as part of their simplistic views. Despite this recent trend, a majority of Scots voted recently not to break away from England and remain British.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Nation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:30:18