This is an imformative speech. Could you help me to polish my speech? Thanks

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 08:46 am
Good morning, everyone. It’s my honor to speak here. Today I want to talk something about the history and advantages of chocolate. The chocolate is said to originate in the drink which is a mixture of cocoa and pepper in Mexico. Its scientific name is Theobroma which means the god’s drink. At that time, chocolate was considered as a luxury. The European didn’t have knowledge of the delicious flavor until Columbus returned from America. The court of king of Ferdinand and Queen Isabella got its first look at the principal ingredient of chocolate. Nevertheless, they never realized how important cocoa beans could be. In 1528, Hemando Coetez, a great Spanish explorer, gasped the commercial possibilities. He took the chocolate to Spain and planted quantities of cocoa trees. Spanish stared to drink chocolate. Since then, chocolate gained popularity among European at a fast pace. In 1642, chocolate was imported to France as medicine for Catholic.
Chocolate made a significant breakthrough in 1875. Switzerland invented how to produce solid chocolate as it displayed nowadays which is easy to carry about. In 1914, the World War 1 stimulated the production of chocolate. The chocolate was attributed to soldiers to cheer them up. With the lapse of time, chocolate is not solely a kind of food any more. It is endowed with a new meaning. It symbolizes romantic love. Taking Dove for example, letter D stands for Do, O stands for You, V stands for Love, E stands for Me. Just means “Do you love me”. Its Chinese name signifies happiness.
Eating chocolate at a proper degree is of benefit to our health, both physical and metal. It is said that lager amount flavones may reverse age-related memory failure. Flavones found in the dark chocolate are known to increase blood blow in part of the brain that control memory. They also help prevent heart disease by lowering blood pressure. For me, chocolate can relieve tension and stress. When I feel exhausted, I will have a bar of chocolate to refresh myself. It does have an effect. Thus when you are tired, have a chocolate. When you want to confess your love, send a chocolate. However we should control the quantity, or may we will pick up disease.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 604 • Replies: 1
No top replies

neologist

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 04:19 pm
@Jessie0315,
Paragraph breaks will not only assist your speech delivery, it will help us to evaluate it.

Seriously, my eyes glazed over the minute I tried to read it. And I like chocolate.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » This is an imformative speech. Could you help me to polish my speech? Thanks
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:22:55