About YOU

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 06:29 am
First of all: I have no idea where I could post this thread, in what forum. Eventually I decided to put it in this forum, although it's still not the best place to put it in.

When I was surfing here on Able2Know.com I asked myself: where do all these people come from? I knew that the answer for that question could be found in our memberlist. So I looked in this list, took the 150 people who had made the most posts on this forum, and wrote down where they - actually you - all came from. Of the 150 people, 43 did not have a place to live it seems (1231 came from places I could not detect or were highly unlikely to live (like Saturn...). With the 10773 (68,2%) come from the US. 21 states were given, while 811 come from the state of Massachusetts, with an astonishing 9 coming from Boston (people like littlek, jespah, and ebrown_p); 7 come from California (of whom two from Silicon Valley), 7 from New York (of which 6 from New York City, and our little McGentrix from the Adirondacks), 7 from Florida, 5 from Texas (of whom two from Houston, mac 11 and edgarblythe), 4 from Washington State, 4 from New Mexico and 3 from Colorado (of whom two from Denver). New Jersey, Maryland and North Carolina all supply 2, while Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Alberta, Kansas, Iowa, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Illinois, Georgia and Arizona all supply 1 A2K-member. And than there is 1 (pueo) from Guam.

After the US comes the UK, with 10 (9,3%) members in this top-150. 3 of them come from the capital London (like Gautum), while others come from a place like Manchester, and areas like Yorkshire and Warwickshire. 2Canada; a total of 7 (6,5%) members come from Canada: 2 from Toronto (cavfancier and BoGoWo), 1 from Vancouver, 1 from New Brunswick, and 1 from Montreal. 2Australia and Germany, with both 4the Netherlands, with 2 (1,9%) members: nimh and myself (from Eindhoven).

Than there are seven other countries who are represented by 1 (0,9%) member in this top-150: Croatia (Karlovac - MyOwnUsername), Denmark, Ireland, Israel (steissd), Japan, Mexico (fbaezer) and Slovakia.

A total of 107 people.

Of the 311) In the path of planet X
2) The cosmic boondocks
3) Walking beside you (probably to the left)
4) Where the bee sucks, there suck I
5) In front of my computer (etc...)

To end this post: this top-150 will probably change all the time. I made this thread three days ago. Don't blame me for that! I did my best.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,415 • Replies: 46
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:04 am
Add me to the astonishing number from Boston. Perhaps this is because of Boston is the home of such intellectual institutions as MIT and Harvard. But, then again, I graduated Emerson College so that's not it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:06 am
Rick, Alberta is a province in Canada. A lot of paranoid Canajuns think we want to invade and take over the place, but as there is no evidence that they possess and intend to deply weapons of mass destruction, there's no move for regime change . . . yet . . .
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:07 am
I don't know either.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:07 am
NickFun- Nah, that's not it. You need to know a bit of the history of A2K. Many of the members were originally from a forum that was hosted by the New York Times/ Boston Globe. That forum turned sour, and Craven started A2K. Many of the members of the original forum, who lived in NY and Boston, followed him here.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:09 am
Setanta wrote:
Rick, Alberta is a province in Canada. A lot of paranoid Canajuns think we want to invade and take over the place, but as there is no evidence that they possess and intend to deply weapons of mass destruction, there's no move for regime change . . . yet . . .

Embarrassed Sorry. It won't happen again. I'll study the states of the US and provinces of Canada better next time.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:15 am
That's right Pheonix. I was an Abuzz member for several years until the service was overrun by spammers, bandwidth problems and, finally, my total expulsion without cause or explanation. This ia a better place.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:46 am
Great statistics. Just for the record I am by the lakes...in Michigan.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:57 am
LOL

Wonder if this is a Dutch thing ... <grins>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 07:59 am
Was going to explain something about how the preponderance of Bostonians (and NYers) is probly a residual legacy of us ex-Abuzzers migrating to this site, but I see that Phoenix already covered that ...

So, who are the top posters, then?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:03 am
nimh wrote:
LOL

Wonder if this is a Dutch thing ... <grins>

No. This is a result of being bored.

colorbook wrote:
Great statistics. Just for the record I am by the lakes...in Michigan.

Great! Now I have to change everything :wink:
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:12 am
1) fealola, who's "in the path of planet x" (21136 posts)
2) dlowan, Australia (20859)
3) cicerone imposter, Silicon Valley California (18259)
4) mac11, Houston (14678)
5) cavfancier, Toronto (14548)
6) littlek, Boston (13770)
7) ehBeth, who's from "I-can-see-the-Danforth-from-here" (Wales, was my guess... I think it was) (13487)
8) Setanta, who's from "the cosmic boondocks" (13372)
9) BillW, who's from the "Center of the Mind" (12355)
10) Lightwizard, Orange County California (11580)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:17 am
Jeez, I have a lot of catching up to do !!!
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:18 am
Join the club.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:20 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
7) ehBeth, who's from "I-can-see-the-Danforth-from-here" (Wales, was my guess... I think it was) (13487)
8) Setanta, who's from "the cosmic boondocks" (13372)

Danforth Avenue runs from near downtown Toronto east into the suburbs. It is always referred to as "the Danforth." The western end includes Greek Town, where the street signs are in Greek, and there's a restaurant about every third store front.

I happen to live in Ohio, for which i do not apologize, nor which engenders any pride in me. I was born in New York, at a time when it was the largest city on the planet . . .

I hate cities . . .
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:23 am
Toronto. I already thought of that one, when I used Google to search for "Danforth". So that's another one for Toronto, and let me see... must be the first one for Ohio. Oh crap, I can start all over again in this rate.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:24 am
Exusez moi for my bad language.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:26 am
at this rate . . .

. . . minor error, your command of the English language is remarkably good, Boss, don't be discouraged . . .
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:28 am
Shocked

Should I be more concerned because of my English or because of the fact Setanta calls me "Boss"?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 08:31 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Join the club.

I refuse to join a club which will have me as a member
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » About YOU
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 10:26:41