Solar-heating our pool

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:20 pm
If you're seriously into it

I’ve tried Googling but get some 5 million hits, and it’d take me forever…....and yes I guess kinda lazy at 84

I’d hoped to find something in Amazon but no luck; apparently they market only tiny things that might give us 1 or 2 degrees. We need something that might bring our 15' x 40' inground up to 80F without using a cover; and anyhow we’d also require installation by the supplier since I’m imagining a big recirculating array out in our northwest 40

So I was hoping you might be able to help us find a link off the top of your noggin. If not, though, thanks anyhow for reading this far.

Best yet, a link to some reliable local supplier….if you should also happen to live out here in the Mojave near Victorville, Ca

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 05:31 pm
@dalehileman,
There has to be pool companies out in your area Dale, call one of them.

Also ask about salt water pools.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 11:47 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
has to be pool companies out in your area
Got my Better Half, who most agree is much smarter than I, on that very track

Quote:
Also ask about salt water pools.
Interesting thought Jc
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 11:47 am
@dalehileman,
A buddy, Bor Michaelson, has advised that such a system might run me some $8 grand, which at my advanced age would seem to favor replacing a green plastic solar cover once a year at $200

It's just that I so hate cutting it to fit every time. In a day and age when sending men to the moon got so easy we quit doing it 43 years ago it seems like you ought to be able to get one already cut to a common pool size
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Solar-heating our pool
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:07:02