Is NASA Moving Toward a Hyperspace Drive?

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 09:04 am
http://news.discovery.com/tech/alternative-power-sources/is-nasa-moving-toward-a-hyperspace-drive-150502.htm

Does the Pope **** in the woods?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 09:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Anything has to be better than the shuttle to reach low orbit, from there one can imagine many different types of propulsion that are better than what we used to go to the moon .

I think you messed up that saying, it is "Does the Pope wipe his arse with a bear ?"
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 07:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
This is the same bit of wishful thinking that came out several months ago and turned out to be a media twist on the claim that it comes from NASA. In reality it's a couple of contractors who have some connection to NASA and who have a vested interest in promoting their own unfounded theories.

One real physicist commented that their "theory" amounted to claiming that you could push a train by getting into one of the box cars and pushing on the front wall of the box car.

Articles like this are a blight on any reputable news source which reports them.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 07:38 pm
So, in fact, the Pope does not **** in the woods.
roger

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 08:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Typical headline of some certain kind. They never stated it was NASA. They asked the question exactly as you quoted it, leaving us to make any assumption we fancied.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 08:44 pm
Does the Pope have at least a urinal in the Popemobile?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 09:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

So, in fact, the Pope does not **** in the woods.

You are correct, Sir. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:41 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Articles like this are a blight on any reputable news source which reports them.

Journalists, never the brightest pennies in the bank, treat science as though it were magical mumbo-jumbo that normal people cannot be expected to understand. Some of it is dead easy. Some is dead easy because basic principles can be applied reliably (to quote one of my favorite science fiction novels: ". . . rocket science ain't exactly rocket science, you know . . . "). Some of it is dead easy because it's BS, and a little fact-checking would show it.

If a news organization were contemplating the publication of a story for which they could be sued, you can bet they'll fact-check the story minutely. They treat science, though, as if it were human interest stories from the silly season. A couple of phone calls could have cleared this up before they published this drek.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:47 am
I dont know what all the fuss is about . I've been to the Moon and Mars and there are no woods, no Popes, no ****, no nothing . Only bears .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 10:55 am
I didn't read the actual article. I posted it because I wanted to see what sort of comments it would generate.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2015 09:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes. Money's being spent on 'warp drive.' In fact we're beyond the initial phase, and into the laboratory proof of concept phase now. We're trying it on the atomic level. If it's possible there, 3rd phase will begin.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is NASA Moving Toward a Hyperspace Drive?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:09:00