Damn Theives

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:16 pm
I live in a small town, a population of around 1000 people. I ride my bike (bicycle) to work( or should I say used to.), and around town quite abit when my bf has our vehicle. Anyway, the other day my sister picked me up at home to go visit my mother. My vehicle was still at home as well. When I got home my bike had disappeared. It wasn't locked up, because this is a small town and usually a person doesn't have to lock things up. My bike was stolen from right beside the door of my house. Damn kids. The world just keeps getting worse and worse, with nothing to stop it. Peachy. Sorry, I had to rant!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 11
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:23 pm
Yep.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:48 pm
I feel your pain. I've had so many bikes stolen that I stopped buying them (sigh)!!!!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:55 pm
I can understand a bike getting stolen in the city if it wasn't locked up, and even if it was, but stuff like that never used to happen much in these little places. Nothing last forever! I guess I should have locked it up, I just figured cause everybody knows everybody here that nothing would happen, but I guess thats optimistic thinkin for you...lol
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:57 pm
I hear ya. Most of my bikes that were stolen were locked up (double sigh)!!!!!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:56 am
People who have never been on the receiving end of theft tend to think that it is nothing, speaking as one who once had his ford capri nicked and never saw it again, if I coulda caught the bastard who stole it I woulda ******* kicked him till blood ran out of his ears.

My therapist assures me I am over the worst of my feelings, I just have to not think of 1984.
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 11:24 am
My Dad's car was stolen five years back, and found abandoned on an estate five miles from where we live. Three weeks ago, my Mum's car was broken into, and a keyring (with no keys on) stolen. Now, whenever she drives, there is a gust of wind coming in from the door they forced open.

My neighbour hood is quiet, so this is unexpected. A few years ago, the house opposite ours was broken into, but fortunately the owner was awake at the time. Now we have a burgular alarm - we hadn't needed one before. I'm pretty sad about this. Crime on the rise, despite what Labour says.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 01:30 pm
Well here's an update:

I found my bike in someones yard the day before yesterday. I just walked up, grabbed it, through it in my van and went home. I havn't told the police that I have found it yet, but there's always tommorow. Ohh and they even tightened my brakes. So I guess I'm happy now.
0 Replies

lemonegg2001

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 04:48 am
lol, you found your bike back? what a luck!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 11:40 am
Hey lemon, I used to have that as my signiture line, but I beleive it goes: I am nobody, nobody is perfect, so I guess that makes me....

Just a pointer! Welcome to a2k!!
0 Replies

lemonegg2001

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:51 pm
hi stand up for pessimism, I just like this sayings so i put it in my signiture line.
hope not annoying you

ps,I wish i could learn more english Wink
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 09:53 am
lemonegg2001 wrote:
hi stand up for pessimism, I just like this sayings so i put it in my signiture line.
hope not annoying you

ps,I wish i could learn more english Wink

Ohh, I hope you didn't get the impression that i'm annoyed by you. I am in no way, by any means annoyed by you. Your english is not that bad, and being on this forum will probably help your learning process.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Damn Theives
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 06:46:29