Another suggestion...

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 11:56 am
On Apr 10, 2015, at 10:23 AM, to OpEd, Victorville, Ca Daily Press Dale Hileman wrote:

Remarkable (to me, anyway) how little Media attention to the psychological causes of cruelty, strife, warfare, all kinds of suffering, as if the improvement of our species is impossible. Now I'm hardly a shrink, tho had a bit of contact with the Psych Establishment in my youth; so please consider for instance "DISTURBING" April 10, still another account of Modern Law Enforcement with "....a...man being repeatedly beaten by a group of deputies...punching, kicking and hitting...60 blows...a dozen were to the head."

Then next page, more with "Dash cam video...unarmed black man...for a broken tail light....the officer runs after him...," shooting him in the back. But why and "...how the traffic stop turned deadly"?

In an earlier letter you didn't use 'cause it was too long and involved I asked whether we could be improved by legislation or religion, concluding no, it has to be done through education; preferably, early-on. We somehow have to show the potential jackboot or extremist that shooting or beating up a supposed evildoer is, well, fun, satisfying purely arbitrary predispositions owing to early family, politics, religion.

Indeed, my two sons and I delightfully enjoy motoring to the boondocks hereabout for a shooting spree. However I hasten to add, degradable clay targets; while my No. 2 boy, a former cop, has never shot anyone.

In the extreme case, we'd show the young ISIS just now learning how to murder the rest of us supposedly in the Name of God: Woah, fella, stop and think. Suppose you had instead been born in Illinois to Christian parents....

But how can we reach 'em? Good lord, I dunno, but I'm sure the Media have to be deeply involved. Hence this feeble effort.

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 296 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Another suggestion...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:29:38