Black, rubbery substance

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 11:37 am
Recently advertised on TV, a pressure-can dispenses the goo. (1) Does anyone remember what it's called, and

(2) Has anyone hereabout actually used it

(3) Does it spray or simply squish out

Thanks all
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 399 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 12:19 pm
@dalehileman,
FWIW, what I do when I'm trying to research the name of a product is to type the keywords 'rubber sealer spray' (as an example) into Google. I did this Google search for you and came up with Flex Seal.

I have not used Flex Seal, but as their ad shows it sprays out through aerosol. Whether or not it does evenly or effectively is not in my area of expertise but maybe someone else here has used it.

If I were to speculate on something, as useless as that may be, spraying a tacky liquid rubber through an aerosol I'd imagine is something that perhaps wouldn't last the whole can w/o clogging. But what do I know? Try using it or see what others experiences are.

If it were me, I'd use it on something inconsequential if I were to buy it. Walmart advertises itself as carrying it. Plenty of other mfr (3M ..etc.) make a similar product, though.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 12:45 pm
I used Flex seal on my porch overhang. It is a small wooden roof that expends the porch roof area. It is on a slope and made from 4X8 siding sheets. A small drip was getting beyond the wood and dripping down a support beam. Not much, just a tad. Flex Seal comes in black, white, and clear. I found some at the new Kroger, just up the street. I sprayed the stuff over every single crack and potential crack and let it dry, allowing the spray to overlap the roll roof at the top. I did it a second time. It has a very thin consistency and it relies on several applications to actually fill up holes. Next day, I painted the little roof. You cannot see where I sprayed the Flex Seal at all and it took the paint very well. I am still waiting for a hard rain to see if it did the job. (On the label bottom is the message: "Not intended for use by professional roofers.")
Ragman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 12:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
What about Flex Seal lasting over the life of the can? Does it clog up and can use a whole can w/o a problem?

I'm also wondering what happens in sub freezing and plus 90 deg. temps if it shrinks and cracks over time and exposure to UV rays.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 12:53 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
I did this Google search for you and came up with Flex Seal.
Rag thank you most kindly, and apologize for my laziness

Quote:
...perhaps wouldn't last the whole can w/o clogging
Yea Rag I had wondered about that too

Quote:
...I'd use it on something inconsequential...
I had intended to seal a light fixture at one end of our pool; but almost everything I do is inconsequential

Thank you again
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 12:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ed thank you most kindly for that report
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 01:15 pm
It has a thin, smooth, consistency and it empties the can. It actually sprays better than cans of paint.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 01:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It actually sprays better than cans of paint
Intriguing, Ed. More and more seems ideal for my immediate application
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 01:28 pm
@dalehileman,
Be prepared to spray it over a number of times, allowing it to dry each time.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Gotcha, Ed
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Black, rubbery substance
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:21:41