how can poll about lifespan can be determine?

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 12:29 pm
For example a research I ran into lately states that drinking coffee can prolong your lifespan, now how can they prove it?
I mean I get how they select the selective population that is supposed to present different population, but how can institutes prove that something effect the amount of years you live?
In order to prove something, institutes "tests" it on different people, for a time period, but they can not actually test the effect of something about an entire lifespan, because they didn't test it on different generations. The answers to this polls are too cocky to state that it has that big of an influence.
Can someone please explain to me what are the demands for this polls to present a statement about something that effect lifespan?

Thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 333 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 01:25 pm
@zimerman orr,
Quote:
now how can they prove it?
Of course Orr they can't. But they select respondents in such a way as to minimize or cancel the effect of differences
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 01:27 pm
@zimerman orr,
Go to a Starbucks
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 01:11 am
@zimerman orr,
Quote:
research I ran into lately states that drinking coffee can prolong your lifespan, now how can they prove it?

Statistical analysis shows which medicine is likely to be useful for treating disease.

If all the coffee drinkers survived one year and all the juice drinkers died then lifespan was affected.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » how can poll about lifespan can be determine?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 06:55:02