Happy Fathers Day

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 04:03 pm
Hope yours was good....last night bi-polar jr. took me out to a late dinner after my dj gig...got an email from my grandsons mom this morning....and then squinney and my two youngest cubs called me from Oklahoma...said they'd mailed me a present and it wouldn't fit in the mailbox so the carrier would be bringing it to the door......God I hope it's a blow up doll....I need squinney to get home..... :wink: I'm glad she's able to be there with her dad though.....I asked squinney's mom to use her credit card and call Raleigh and send me a hooker but she said no... Crying or Very sad

So how was your day guys? Let the Fathers Day anecdotes begin.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,336 • Replies: 22
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 04:54 pm
my husband's first fathers day i got a card that said all the good stuff , " i love you , you are wonderful etc. " then I took some brown water paint, andcovered our 3 month olds hand with it and put her handprint inside of it. Sealed it up and stuck it in the steering column of the car the night before he went to work.
;-)

I hope everyone else's fathers day was as nice. Fathers deserve it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 05:16 pm
Happy Fathers' Day, BPB and all of the other daddy-os on A2K! :-D

My Dad called - he LOVED the e-card we sent him (it had to do with fixing a plumbing problem). Prolly gonna call my brother tonight. And I guess this is the last year we don't call my brother-in-law on Fathers' Day - my sister-in-law is due with their first child in September. :-D
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 10:09 pm
Happy Father's Day! Smile
Grandkids...? Whoa... Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 12:10 am
Today was not only Fathers' Day, it was my husband's birthday. Fishing & scuba diving are two of his favorite things. We took him to a very special brunch at the Aquarium and let him admire the tropical fish while we ate. Then he and our son went to the casting pond they have there and caught two good-sized catfish in 45 minutes. Then we stopped by the seafood market and picked up crab legs for dinner. Topped it off with key lime pie (one of his favorites) for dessert. We sang "Happy Birthday" and "Happy Fathers' Day" (same tune, different lyrics) to him at least five times today. Each time when he least expected it. He laughed and laughed!

A VERY good day...for us all. Smile
0 Replies

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 08:19 am
Smile Sounds nice!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 04:53 pm
This response is a bit late, but I just had to share my Father's Day story with everyone.

I woke up Father's Day morning and excitedly grabbed some paper and coloring pens with the idea of making my dad a very special card.

I worked on it for several hours and was quite pleased with the result. I figured I would hand-deliver the card and as I was walking out to my truck to begin the journey to his house, a sad realization dawned on me.

My dad died several years ago.

I slowly walked back to the house, tearing the card up as I went. One could see a trail of paper fragments strewn behind me as I reentered the house, removed my overalls, and went back to bed.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 04:55 pm
Why, that's poignant, Gustav. Hope you had a good rest...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 07:00 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
This response is a bit late, but I just had to share my Father's Day story with everyone.

I woke up Father's Day morning and excitedly grabbed some paper and coloring pens with the idea of making my dad a very special card.

I worked on it for several hours and was quite pleased with the result. I figured I would hand-deliver the card and as I was walking out to my truck to begin the journey to his house, a sad realization dawned on me.

My dad died several years ago.

I slowly walked back to the house, tearing the card up as I went. One could see a trail of paper fragments strewn behind me as I reentered the house, removed my overalls, and went back to bed.

Damn you, Gus, you've made me cry.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:10 pm
I'm afraid it wasn't much over here. I did get an e-mail from each of our two sons, and sent my father a letter. That's about it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:14 pm
Jim wrote:
I'm afraid it wasn't much over here. I did get an e-mail from each of our two sons, and sent my father a letter. That's about it.

How's it going over there? More tense just lately? Hope you are keeping safe.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:30 pm
BPB - thanks for asking. There's not too much of a change here. The Company is making some cosmetic changes - making everyone wear their I.D. badges on their shirts, closing a few gates at the residential camp, and their laying what looks like 20" pipe on the ground alongside the perimeter fence. There are a few more checkpoints on the highways between the camp and the airport, but that's about it.

Several of the Saudis at work have taken me aside and told me how sorry they are for all of this, and how the actions of a few don't reflect their culture and beliefs.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:38 pm
Jim wrote:
BPB - thanks for asking. There's not too much of a change here. The Company is making some cosmetic changes - making everyone wear their I.D. badges on their shirts, closing a few gates at the residential camp, and their laying what looks like 20" pipe on the ground alongside the perimeter fence. There are a few more checkpoints on the highways between the camp and the airport, but that's about it.

Several of the Saudis at work have taken me aside and told me how sorry they are for all of this, and how the actions of a few don't reflect their culture and beliefs.

Glad to hear it. I'm sure most of the locals are just regular people trying to muddle through like the rest of us. You be careful though.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:06 am
Took the old man out for a round of golf and cigar chompin'. Had a good day.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:17 am
my husband had a fanstastic day.

to detailed - won't go into.

it was a good day.
0 Replies

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:21 pm
I was at a Burger King once when my kids were small, and it was father's day.
There was this nice looking guy in there with an elderly man, having a meal. I happened to be sitting at the table behind theirs and heard the guy begin to berate his father "Why are you eating so slow, I got things to do" and **** like that. It made me so sad. He takes his dad to a fast food joint for father's day and then makes him hurry and eat so he can drop him off again. My only solace is thinking that maybe the old man was a mean and nasty father and deserved the ill treatment, (payback time) but even so, it makes me sad.
My own father is out west drinking his life away, and the only news I have of him in years is when he's listed on the Dept of Corrections website in that state. Well I hope he got himself a nice bottle of something and gave a thought to his six kids, because we were all thinking of him.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:34 pm
My wife's dad passed away this past winter so she had a couple of tough moments.

For me, the day was great. The Lovely Bride and my three kids took me to dinner at The Naked Fish. Good drinks good eats, lots o' laughs. Milestone event: the daughter ordered a drink (she's now 21) -- far too smoothly for Dad's liking. Think she may have done this before? Nah, not my little princess.

Great to have the gang together.

Spent a quiet moment remembering my own dad. He wasn't around when I grew up and I only got to know him later in life.
0 Replies

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 05:37 pm
"the daughter ordered a drink (she's now 21) -- far too smoothly for Dad's liking. Think she may have done this before? Nah, not my little princess."
heehee Smile How sweet! Wha'd she get?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 05:57 am
Peach margarita
0 Replies

JamesYe

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 06:35 am
I regret that I didn't call back home that day and wish him "Happy Father's Day".I'll do it next year,I promise.
But I wish you happy everyday,dad. :wink:
And I love u.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy Fathers Day
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 11:12:33