Kveinya

SCoates

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 03:48 pm
I had a really interesting dream last night. The dream had a really creepy horror story mood, and a dark setting. I was in an old study, and a few books were piled up on the desk. I was curious what the was being studied. Let me word that better. I knew that someone, long ago, must have been studying here, and I figured I could figure out the subject they were interested in by looking through the books. I wiped the dust from the top book and read the title. It was in Russian, and said "Kveinya," which doesn't mean anything so I assumed it was a name. I opened the book and there was a lot of art, but everyone had the same theme. There was some black object, surrounded by blue. For example, one was of a lake, where the water was very dark, and the center was very deep, and black, like a pupil. Most of the paintings were very impressionistic. I studied one painting for a very long time, until I felt like it was an eye staring back at me. It was a very haunting feeling. Evetually I got creeped out and threw the book on the ground. It fell back open to the very painting I had been staring at. I reached down and closed it, but it opened again on its own and flipped through the pages back to the picture. I threw another book on top of it to cover up the picture, and then that book opened and wind seemed to blow through pages until it settled on the eye I had seen. A deep black pupil in swirls of dark blue. I picked up the next book and read the cover, then I checked the next. They were all about a demon named Kveinya, or Kveida (a different translation?). So I felt like the demon was watching me. Then the creepy part of the dream was over, and I got my wife and my dad and little brother to come see, but they didn't see the eye. They said things like, "It's not an eye, it's just some swirls of color." And I thought "But I know it's an eye... because it was looking at me." But I knew saying that wouldn't convince them. Then I tried to show them the titles, but they don't know russian, and the titles didn't say anything about Kveinya being a demon, so I must have just gotten that impression from the feeling I got.

Hmm... dreams are always so much more interesting when you're experiencing them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 675 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 11:54 am
Well, that was a pretty damn interesting dream, SCoates. Extremely vivid and termed nightmare. Do you have a lot of these type dreams? The last vivid dream that I experienced was one in which I appeared at a fun raising benefit and sang St. Louis Blues. I could hear myself singing it. Someone I used to know, got up from the audience and joined me as we comforted a black man whose face was covered in perspiration.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 12:48 pm
I have very vivid dreams, with very interesting plots. I think I may have shared a few others here... but I'm not sure. I'll add some more dreams to this thread when I have time.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 12:52 pm
Do these dreams seem to affect your waking hours? Have you any idea why you may be having dreams of doom and gloom with negative portents?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 12:57 pm
I enjoy them! Life can be so dull. I love a good creepy dream. Smile But to answer your question as to WHY I have them, I am not sure. I mean, I don't think the fact that I enjoy them is what causes them, although that could be the case.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 01:05 pm
I like scary dreams too, most of the time. I have this weird thing where if it is too hot where I'm sleeping, I will almost automatically have a nightmare. Does this happen to anyone else?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 01:19 pm
Well, Freud asserts that dreams are wish fulfillment Who knows. I quit having nightmares when I was a kid. That may be because kids fear odd things. The nightmares that I had as a child, I can still recall quite well...and I mean ALL of them.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 03:36 pm
One of my most interesting dreams was in a creepy horror setting in a cabin up in the woods. We were having a party there, and some huge beast suddenly broke through a wall and killed a few of my friends, then left. The bulk of the dream was us spending weeks alone in that cabin. We were too afraid to come out. We boarded up the windows and doors, but realized that wouldn't do any good if it wanted to get in again. With the windows boarded up we lived in darkness and fear until finally we realized if we just stayed in the cabin forever it was as good as if it had killed us, so we gathered up our courage and went out after the beast to confront it once and for all. But when we went outside it was a bright and cheerful day. We were kind of confused, and decided to head to the nearest town. When we got there everyone was going about happily and normally, and we asked if anyone had seen the beast, and they said "Oh, yeah, it came into town a few months ago, and we killed it."
So the whole time we'd been hiding in fear the thing was already dead.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 03:43 pm
SCoates, those aren't dreams. They're scripts for future John Carpenter movies.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 03:51 pm
It was a real dream. When I woke up I was surprised how creative it was.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 04:23 pm
Hi Scoates

how you been?
what you doin in St Petersburg

I've got a question for you but mislaid it for the moment. Hope you can answer when I remember

Is that St Petersburg near here, aka Petrograd and Leningrad?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 04:34 pm
Are you referring to Petrograd, FL?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 04:38 pm
No

Petrograd, aka Leningrad aka St Petersburg. You tellin me there is another Leningrad? Must be grim
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 04:41 pm
Petrograd aka leningrad aka St petersburg, Florida?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:27 pm
This is getting complicated.

The leningrad near me is about 2000 miles away in Leningrad thats in Russia.

I believe in honour of Vladimir Illyich Ullanov, the Americans named some deabeat town on the west florida peninsula Lininegrad since re named St petersburg, home of the famous newspaper.

Thats all I knwo good night sleep well England 4 Croatia 2 and they were bloody lucky to get two.

And we should have had 8
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:30 pm
Russia, Florida?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:35 pm
Look Mr Scrotes

I know you are very good with counter factual argument....er

dunno past my bed time. Its late here in Siberia, but you wouldnt know it, its broad daylight.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Kveinya
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:16:06