Typical news story revisited

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 01:36 pm
I often complain most loudly about the news story that doesn't give you a clear pic so I write a LETTER To the Ed of our otherwise excellent local rag, the Victorville, Ca Daily Press. It should be immediately pointed out, however, that the AP does it just as often, and maybe more...

In AP "Rules on wood stoves...." March 9 several q's instantly arise, not the least of which are: Exactly what has to be done to the fireplace/stove, and how much would it cost the owner. In all probability the reporter knew all the answers and assumes his readers do too

Of course it's AP not Daily Press, but being it's a typical example of this sort of thing and I'm a compulsive complainant and would probably feel relieved of the responsibility if I were advised that I'm unnecessarily jamming up your inboxes....

Still the typical newswriter everywhere needs to be re-educated with the needs of your Ordinary Everyday Dunce (me)

Hasn't anyone else out of 300,000 potential a2k respondents noted this shortcoming

Then March 6 under DVD there's "The Hunger Games…." providing not a single word what the movie is about
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 353 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:20 pm
The wood stove article is a "tease" and probably referred you to an authorized dealer (or there was an ad close by the article for a dealer source to solve the problem and give quotes)

The Hunger Games need no explanation. If you don't already know, you probably won't a customer of this very involved series.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:57 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
If you don't already know, you probably won't a customer of this very involved series.
Thanks Punk, yea, that's probably the reporter's presumption but when he applies reasoning of this sort to other kinds of stories he oft leaves your Ordinary Dumbell (me) out in the cold
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Typical news story revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 09:22:47