Platfus support shoes

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 10:58 am
So my pair of shoes that is for running and moving in field and dirty ground looks bad, so it's time to buy some new shoes, so my current nike shoes will become the secondary pair for running. As doctors say I have easy platfus, I'm looking for platfus support shoe. But the names of the models in the diffrent shoe shops are confusing, and their description don't tell exactly whether they design for platpus support.
How do I check it?
What nike models are platfus support?
Doctors also say that I don't have to do arch support if I don't feel any pain when walking, that's why I'm looking just for a shoe with platfus support. Some say that this kind of shoes will give me some support for the feet, but not for the spine (the whole platfus stuff affect also the spine ), so, is it worth to buy platfus support shoes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,460 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 12:04 pm
@hochdorf,
It's hard to find the english word for platfus but I gather it has to do with flat feet. It might mean fallen arches, which may or may not need different shoes than ordinary flat feet.

I have high arches and like to keep them that way, and so I've always liked Nike AirMax; other shoe brands also have some arch support. Why don't you ask your doctor if that would be useful - presuming the doctor knows anything about running shoes.

I suppose you could always contact the Nike people. They may know what platfus is and which of their shoes is best.

Also, there are charts on the internet that will show what kind of shoes are best for what kind of feet. You might look at Runners World magazine, or similar, to see descriptions.
hochdorf

Tue 3 Mar, 2015 06:14 am
@ossobuco,
You right platfus is regarding to flat feet, but my feet aren't flat, just my arches are a bit lower than they should be, or, when I'm standing only on my feet's fingers, the feet's shape goes wrong. When I look at my feet I can't tell any fake. Therefore, I got an easy platfus.

Doctor told me I don't gotta have platfus support in my shoes as I don't feel any pain when walking (just an easy platfus), but I'm thinking about some new shoes and therefore curious about the technologies.

I talked with nike sellers but don't want just to trust on them, I ask here for second advice. Anyway my nike got Dynamic Support. Sellers say that it gives some basic support, but not for platfus. I think they say that nike's airmax supports, Do someone knows about it and can reassure my sayings? are there any other technologies for platfus?
ossobuco

Tue 3 Mar, 2015 09:39 am
@hochdorf,
I've worn nike air max since the 80's and possibly the 70's, so here is one person who is very satisfied with those. My first time visiting Italy, I walked five to ten miles a day around Rome, for nine days, and wore the air max shoes - and Rome has a lot of stone cobbles. My feet were a little sore, but I couldn't have done that without the air max support.

Later I learned about Dansko shoes, and they also work with my feet. I'm a woman, but there are men's Danskos too. They don't have running shoes, at least I don't think they have a line of those. A lot of medical people wear the Dansko Professional for work, since they can be on their feet all day.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 3 Mar, 2015 09:54 am
@hochdorf,
Go to a proper running shop and speak to the staff there.

Go to a running clinic and ask the staff there.

Go to a foot clinic and ask for an appointment for an assessment and recommendation.

______

Speak to professionals who can actually see your feet, not online people who cannot assess your feet.
ossobuco

Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:45 am
@ehBeth,
I agree with you on that. I am not clear this poster has access to a proper running shop, running clinic, or a foot clinic.

There used to be, in Los Angeles, a fantastic shop for runners, but that was years ago. The people in mall running shoe stores can be possibly worse than useful; some are knowledgeable.

He's already seen a doctor. If there is a foot clinic or an orthopedist around, that would be better, and I should have said that.
ossobuco

Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:52 am
@ossobuco,
Ah, I found the company that had the great store in LA -

http://www.phidippides.com/

Not a world wide company - but there are likely other good running shoe stores in a variety of cities.
0 Replies

hochdorf

Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:21 pm
Hello thanks for all the replies.
What I did- I appoint a meeting with another orthopedist.
He told me, that since I don't feel any pain in my legs- I don't have to wear platfus-support shoes, and can wear normal ones.
He also said that chances are slim that wearing platfus-support shoes ,in my situation of easy-platfus, will improve my spine's posture.

So I guess I'll buy a normal shoe Smile
ossobuco

Sat 11 Apr, 2015 03:16 pm
@hochdorf,
Hi, hochdorf - thank you for reporting back with the second opinion. Good to hear.

Happy running!
0 Replies

Mohan79

Wed 2 Sep, 2015 11:18 pm
@hochdorf,
Arch supports can provide balance and support for individuals who use them. They can help improve a person’s posture because they will be more balanced. This can help lessen foot pain and problems related to imbalance and a lack of proper support. Smile
George

Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:21 pm
@Mohan79,
Mohan got the same results when he stopped drinking.
0 Replies

brandonderek

Thu 9 Sep, 2021 05:25 am
@hochdorf,
I am very pleased to read this
0 Replies

ivysicily

Sat 18 Sep, 2021 12:24 am
@ossobuco,
I see
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Platfus support shoes
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:38:26