send a video on facebook

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 10:30 am
how do I send a video to one contact/friend on FB.
I clicked on the gear icon/add files/highlighted file/send...half way thru I get a message saying Try again. Make sure you are uploading a valid picture !!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 836 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 10:46 am
@mucky1957,
What video file format are you using?

0 Replies

mucky1957

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 11:23 am
mp4. I tried to change it to avi and mp3. Neither of those worked either. Still get the same message.
jcboy

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 11:41 am
@mucky1957,
Hmmm, could be a problem with Facebook, I've had the same problem in the past , usually I just wait a few hours and try again.

From Facebook:

Quote:
Videos are usually large files, so they can take more than a few minutes to upload fully. If you're having trouble uploading videos, try these troubleshooting tips:
Make sure your video is in a supported format. We recommend MP4. Your video software (ex: Final Cut, Avid, iMovie) should have information on how to export your video to MP4.

Check that you're using the latest version of your browser.
If it's taking longer than a few hours to add a video to Facebook, learn how to report a problem.

Keep in mind that trying to upload the same video multiple times won't speed up the process. If you'd like to continue using the internet while the video is uploading, you can open up another browser window.

Or perhaps the video is blocked due to copyright?

Quote:
Why am I blocked from uploading videos?
Your ability to upload videos has been disabled because you have repeatedly uploaded videos which appear to contain copyrighted material owned by a third party. If you think that we've removed these videos by mistake, you can file a counter notice for each video by following the links provided in the warning emails you received.
0 Replies

mucky1957

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 11:55 am
wont be copyrighted as its a video that I have shot.

will try again and see what happens.
my friend sent me a video which uploaded immediately...mine just sit there
0 Replies