Why are Power Ball winners so generous?

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 01:42 pm
90 percent of all power Ball multimillion dollar winners give it all back in five years to charity and other needy groups.

“You want people walking away from the conversation with some kernel of wisdom or some kind of impact.” Henry Dean Stanton

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 569 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:17 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I doubt those statistics are true. I believe that you've misinterpreted them. You're assuming they give it away as opposed to being blind or are misdirected, thus wasting the money and not investing it properly ... or at all.

They're all not donating or giving it away. They just as a rule don't know how to keep and protect their new found wealth.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:29 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

90 percent of all power Ball multimillion dollar winners give it all back in five years to charity and other needy groups.

Please cite your source and give us a Direct Quote from the article where you got this statistic and analysis from.
Rickoshay75

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Rickoshay75 wrote:

Please cite your source and give us a Direct Quote from the article where you got this statistic and analysis from.

I saw it on TV and jotted it down but don't remember the source. You will just have to trust me.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 03:30 pm
@Rickoshay75,
https://www.thelotter.com/blog/2013/12/top-20-lottery-winnings-of-all-time/

Top 20 American Lottery Winnings of All Time

this article basically disproves your statement, one guy gave 10% of his winnings to his church, a few gave some to charities or started some kind of foundation or business, but most used their winnings for themselves or immediate family
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why are Power Ball winners so generous?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 12:41:43