Where to start when looking for a parent without any info?

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 09:14 pm
I began looking for anyone who may've been looking for a daughter with my description about 2-3 years ago. I don't have any information on my dad, but wish to find him just to put that puzzle piece together. Anyone out there in the "web world" know where I can begin? No one in my family of 5 have any information to help me either, unfortunately.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,074 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 09:47 am
@ashgrant1,
Your own mother doesn't know?

What does it say on your birth certificate?

Are you the product of a rape? An affair? A relationship? A one-night stand? The answer to these questions will give you an idea of how successful you might be. If you are the result of your mother being raped by a stranger, and there was no arrest and no prosecution, then your chances of finding your biological father are vanishingly small. If you are a child born of a long-term relationship, then someone surely saw your mother with that man (e. g. a grandparent, a sibling, a classmate, a cousin, a coworker, a neighbor, etc.).

If you've got some $$, you might want to get a full DNA workup. They aren't perfect but you might get a handle on at least the race of your father, and possibly some hints on his ethnicity, particularly if your mother or any siblings or half-siblings get a similar workup.
0 Replies

hoopsfan75

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 01:47 pm
@ashgrant1,
What is your description? Do you know your father or are you just making yourself find-able?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where to start when looking for a parent without any info?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:40:49