Confession

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 10:31 pm
I'm approaching a point in my life when I need to get certain things off my chest. So listen up kiddies!

If I have any vice, it's that I am a lazy bum. Sure I could do work if I really wanted to, but why expend energy on physically and mentally taxing exercises when I can free up my mind for more important activitiesÂ…Like daydreaming.

In school, I knew the answer to every problem and could easily construct an essay out of the most vague statements. But I eventually grew too apathetic and stopped doing my work. I lost all motivation save the fact that I liked to learn. I was always the child that stayed after class to hear my teacher's pep talk about how "I'm a bright student, I just need to complete my work." They never realized that it isn't so easy to do work when you don't know why you are doing it except for the fact that you are awarded a letter of the alphabet.

I loved to imagine, and if given the chance I would just as quickly put all of my thoughts down in writing. The only problem when asked to submit work was that I would take the privilege of being long-winded and honest, the honesty part always got me into trouble. I just couldn't see why people didn't like it when I told them facts instead of lies intended to promote my personal position. Then I realized it: the truth not only hurts, but in this modern day and age it is useless and impractical.

I often let my haughtiness get in the way of my life. I thought that I could tackle the highest peaks and overcome any obstacles. Unfortunately, my inhibitions invaded my free will and I became a slave of some power that I still don't understand.

I regret the mistakes that I made with the same intensity as they day that they occurred. But it's too late to change anything. That's the problem with regret, you have to see the result of your actions before you know what's wrong with them.

Oh wellÂ…Life goes on, I'll manage. It just makes me sick that I was (and still am) capable of such shortcomings.

I suppose I should just take my own advice...I'll go bake some banana bread.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 518 • Replies: 4
No top replies

thehamster

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:40 am
Boy mistakes are to be made to learn from them.
So reading your confession of being a lazy kid, you should take it and work hard on it so you can get rid of that kind of shortcoming.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 03:45 am
Something about your story has a ring of familiarity to me, Individual. I suppose that's why I work from home. I get to do both, work and play, but I still struggle with the same questions.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:41 am
Individual I would like to give you some advice, but to be honest only thing I can say after reading your post is....

Me too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:10 pm
I thought me too, too, but I read it again and we are different in some ways. Still, me too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Confession
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:45:48