How should I do with the baby...

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 01:00 am
I’m so envious of the family that could give birth to babies without any bondage and quantitative limitation. I live in a non-English speaking country, and what make us (every family) feel helpless is the One-child Policy of our country. To put it simple, a couple is limited to give birth to ONE baby only. If you want a second one, government will "collect" you a fee named “Social Maintenance Fees", and the amount is up to 6 times of annual per-capita income, worse more, both of the couple should pay this fee, that means total 12 times! If you don't pay this fine within a certain period, the court will enforce to do what they should do, like auction your apartment and car or other treasure.

Personally, I really want to have one more baby and it's just my a tiny wish. But I found it very difficult. We need to spend out all the savings and loan a lot to pay this dam* fine! It's sth make us depressed and feel really unfair in the world! Why we don't have the right to choose our destiny as it just a basic right of citizens in my thought ? Why the rich man could choose what they want with the money?

I trust all of you here will not have such an annoyance, but it really happens to me now, I have had a baby now, and what can I do...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 518 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 07:48 am
@ydavidbeckham,
Enjoy the one child you do have, and quit bitching, or leave your country.
engineer

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 08:47 am
@ydavidbeckham,
Do you have the option to adopt? I know there are infants that need good homes and it sounds like you want to provide one.
ydavidbeckham

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:08 pm
@jespah,
Thanks Jespah, I tried to plan to leave this country but in reality it's difficult, we don't act like the US or European people that could live where they like in just an easy way. We need to pay lots of money on any immigrant like 1 million USD.
Now my point is to accept the punishment, may be it's the best way for us.
ydavidbeckham

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:10 pm
@engineer,
Thanks engineer, it sounds a good idea, but in our heart of hearts, we want to have our owns.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:12 pm
@ydavidbeckham,
My guess is you're not happy with the gender of your baby, otherwise you'd be happy and quit moping around.

Some of us - who have a choice - don't have children at all, or only one. Others can't have children and adopt. So from my perspective, you are lucky!
Count your blessings and stop complaining about something you cannot change anyway.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:05 pm
@ydavidbeckham,
Well, I can sympathize with you for living in a place where there's a One-Child Policy, but that policy was not arbitrarily imposed. The world is becoming dangerously over-populated.

The bottom line is, you want something that you can't afford. If any other couple in any other country asked me if they should have a baby that they can't afford, I'd give the same advice: no. Hell, no. Please don't bring another child into poverty. There are enough poor children already. Furthermore, you will condemn your first child into a life of poverty, also. I recommend you think about that, also.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How should I do with the baby...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/16/2024 at 06:30:46