<[email protected]>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 855 • Replies: 26
No top replies

contrex

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:13 pm
Are you practising to be a spammer? Sure looks that way.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:44 pm
@contrex,
No but Con maybe you can help me out. When I access a site by email, occasionally instead of copying and transmitting the entire page I'd like to have just a link, eg, to place in a forum posting. My No. 2 Son had tried to be helpful by referring me to its add. as given in email window (above) but that didn't work. I know there's a way but simply can't remember how so maybe you can help as you're much better at this sort of thing than I

Thanks Con for all past and future help

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:02 pm
@dalehileman,
What you posted is an email address, not a website link. Anything with the @ is an email address.

That is why you aren't getting your desired result.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:07 pm
@dalehileman,
Also, I think you are using confusing terminology to describe what you are attempting to do. Let me see if I can clarify it.

Are you asking how to insert a website link into an email or forum post?

Are you saying that the source of that website link is found in an email and you wish to copy it from the email to a forum post?

If neither of those, then please try describing again what you are trying to do.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:17 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Are you asking how to insert a website link into an email or forum post?
Not exactly But, would like to know how to acquire such a link if it's not provided on the page in q

Thus using email I acquire usu the first page of a site. But on this page often no link is given to itself except as you point out, as an email link, which does me no good

Hope have been clearer

If not my apologies
contrex

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:34 pm
Do you mean a link like this?

http://able2know.org/topic/263382-1

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Not clear at all.

You want to get an email address on a website page that has none listed?

Do you have something specific you can point to? A specific website?
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:44 pm
Dale,

Is this what you are talking about? Someone posted asking about an email from amazon.com that they think is suspicious. Are you trying to link to this discussion there?

Quote:
"I got an email from [email protected] with the subject heading Daniel & Ana. I deleted it, by the way, but was it from Amazon?"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2NFGOONPZEXIP&cdThread=Tx18DDPNM8QZ9CN

If you have a questionable email, this link tells how to tell if it is from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=15835501.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:48 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
a link like this?
Well yes Con except it's for an Amazon page
dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Not clear at all.
Yes, no, But, it's not

Quote:
You want to get an email address on a website page that has none listed?
Not email add. but simply a link

Quote:
Do you have something specific you can point to? A specific website?
Here's not what it looks like but what it contains

Your Amazon.com Today's Deals See All Departments

Dale Hileman,

Based on your recent visit, we thought you might be interested in these items.

Philips Norelco HS8420 Nivea for Men Razor
by Philips Norelco

Price: $259.89
Sold by ………………….

See even more similar items

Find Great Deals on Millions of Items Storewide
Books
Movies & TV
……………….
Computers & Software
Sports & Outdoors
………..
Clothing, Shoes & More
Health & Personal Care……...o, Lawn & Garden
Amazon Mobile Apps
Pet Supplies
Musical Instruments…………………….

Please note that this message was sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]

I remind again that I need a link to a site I had saved as an email, which in this and many other cases doesn't provide a link to itself

And readily acknowledge in the absence of which there simply might not be a way, in which case my apologies for wasting you time, but thanks
dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Are you trying to link to this discussion there?
Nah But as you see it advertised shavers etc

As I said what I wanna do might be impossible in which case once more my apologies to all

If you'd like me to send that particular page I am [email protected]
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:06 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Quote:
a link like this?
Well yes Con except it's for an Amazon page

Whatever. It makes no difference. The essential point is that it's the address of a web page. Highlight the address in the address bar (you know what that is, I hope?) then right click it and choose "copy", and then, in your email or wherever, right click and choose "paste". Alternatively, in Firefox, right click anywhere in the page, choose "View Page Info", then highlight and copy the address. Here's one I just copied:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009S5O5F4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d4_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=00K4BNBE57QY4N1XZFFG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:09 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
Highlight the address in the address bar, then right click it and choose "copy", and then, in your email or wherever, right click and choose "paste".
That's how I got the unsuccessful add. in the OP,

<[email protected]>

... later revealed to be an email add. which doesn't do me any good

Sorry if somewhere I wasn't clear, it's a fault of my ancient mind I guess
contrex

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:10 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
I remind again that I need a link to a site I had saved as an email

What? You emailed a link to yourself from an Amazon page?
contrex

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:19 pm
@dalehileman,
You have a link in an email? In the body of the email? Is that what you are saying?
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:23 pm
@dalehileman,
I get these same emails from amazon every day, Dale. They do indeed contain links, the links are in the item description. You click on it and it navigates you to that product page on amazon.

I'm guessing that the problem is that when you saved your amazon email for future reference, it did not include the links from the original email and saved it as text instead.

A workaround for this, I will use the shaver as an example, is to go to amazon.com and then copy the name of the product into their search and then navigate to the product page. From there, you can copy the URL for the shaver's product page and insert it in an email or copy it to a forum post.

I did that, and this is it. Note that I obtained the link without there being one in what you posted.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-HS8420-Nivea-Razor/dp/B002GJU2XI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420143759&sr=8-1&keywords=Philips+Norelco+HS8420+Nivea+for+Men+RazorI
dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:23 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
What? You emailed a link to yourself from an Amazon page?
No Con, in one of my email listings I found a certain page advertising shaver equip, which I'll fwd to you if you'll visit me at [email protected] . Some such pages contain a self-link placed there by the sender (Amazon in this case) but this one doesn't. I simply was wondering whether there's a trick by which somehow it could be made to yield such a link, that's directly to the posting at Amazon

….that I might use somewhere else, eg, in a posting where a link of course occupies much less space on your screen than the page itself

Forgive me all if my terminology suffers a bit, I'm hardly an expert at this kinda thing. By self-link I mean one that accesses the very same page directly from the source, in this case Amazon
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:27 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
You have a link in an email? In the body of the email? Is that what you are saying?
Yes no Con, it's precisely in the body of the email where I'm provided no link. I hoped I had made it clear that I have an email derived from a link that accessed a page from Amazon. But I've lost that original link and I am wondering if it is possible to retrieve it somehow from that email
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
I'm guessing that the problem is that when you saved your amazon email for future reference, it did not include the links from the original email and saved it as text instead.
Precisely. I was hoping however, as I explain above, that there's some way it might nevertheless somehow be retrieved from that email. More and more it's becoming apparent that's impossible

1. Forums
  2. » Testing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 11:43:48