0

Rainsoft Gold Series - How to set regeneration rate?

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 03:51 pm
I have a Rainsoft Gold Series water softener which is about 12 years old. After a period of 3 years of not being used, I cleaned the unit thoroughly, replacing the resin and cleaning each piece of the guts of the motor. Surprisingly, I was able to get it all back together and it seems to be running fine.

But... it is regenerating about once every two days, and when it was originally installed, it was regenerating about once every four days... it is using salt like crazy!! How can I change the regeneration rate?

The unit has red LED time display and four buttons: Program, Up, Down, Regenerate. I'm able to program the time, regeneration time, and salt levels. Don't see a setting for how often to regenerate. What am I missing?

Thanks!

ChristopherMHatch

0  
Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 01:53 am
@bobseamon,
If it is using too much salt then it is better to change the softener because the salt is very harmful for health, it is very dangerous for hear and BP patients.