This is not a gripe against the PTB at A2K.....but......

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 08:47 am
I am ready to change my signature (although It's timeless and always perfect for reminding us what's the really important thing) but I love having the color in my signature line so I'm not changing it....because of 'no fancying up' anymore rule.

Is there anyone else that suffers from "i don't wanna changeitis" (not just here on A2K, but anywhere in any realm of life?)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 741 • Replies: 19
No top replies

husker

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 09:15 am
hmmm what is PTB ?? LOL at me
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 09:16 am
Yeah I know what you're sayin man.
I wouldn't want to change my mental state of total saneness...just to give you an example.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 09:17 am
Powers that be?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 09:18 am
I never knew about this 'no fancying up rule.' What are its stipulations?

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 09:29 am
If you try to format the text in your sig line, it won't work any more - this was done to get rid of spammy sig lines and too much flashing stuff.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 09:46 am
yes jow PowersThatBe, but ho hum..

theres stuff at work I won't change for either....but i like some changes - no really, I do.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 09:53 am
I don't generally have a problem with changes I initiate...ha...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 06:34 am
I broke down and changed it.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:32 am
And thus, inspired me...I added one...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:58 am
Joeblow wrote:
I don't generally have a problem with changes I initiate...ha...

Through suggestion, or through having a 'spam-like' signature yourself?

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:59 am
Huh?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:01 am
You said that you brought about formatted signatures' not being allowed anymore; I was wondering whether you asked that this were done, or whether it was done because of your own, past signature.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:04 am
Not me, Drom.

This is the first time I've employed a signature line.

Spam-like seemed...so mean!

Ahhh...I see what happened.....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:06 am
Your current signature's not spam-like. Jes was talking about banning people with Spam-like signatures; and I thought that you either had had a spam-sig, or asked for them to be banned.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:12 am
No...never had one before, flashing or otherwise, and I can't imagine asking that anything be banned...

Anywayz...

Are you resistant to change? (I think most of us are to some extent...even GOOD change, for some strange reason, effects me)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:22 am
O, right; I thought that your saying 'I don't generally have a problem with changes I initiate' might have had something to do with the sig thing...

No, generally, I am not; if the change be one that I consider detrimental to society-- like, for instancy, the number of thugs rising--, then I will be opposed; or, if the change is a repression of rights, then I will be opposed to it, too; but, if in my own subjective opinion I find that something is beneficial to the world, community, whatever, or progressive, then I support it wholeheartedly.

As for personal change, I need it. I think that, to be stagnant is worse than to have one's life plummet down; but then, I have always been rather restless.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:29 am
Quote:
As for personal change, I need it. I think that, to be stagnant is worse than to have one's life plummet down; but then, I have always been rather restless

Ah...so true.

Here's my newest...(self initiated, for my own betterment, and to add some much needed fun). I have decided that I absolutely must take an egyptian belly dancing course.

Small change for some, I'm sure, but a gratifyingly big one for me!

hahah!

I am so uncoordinated...I anticipate some great laughs.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:34 am
Ou, how cool, Joeblow! When does your Course start?-- Or have you decided upon where you're going yet?

I've done quite a lot of new dances over the last ten years; but, I could never do bellydancing; mainly due to embarassment, but also due to the fact that I relate it to the memory of a clear night in Istanbul, drinking a peculiar sort of coffee with a few fellow Travellers, seeing 50-somethings dressed as eighteen year olds, trying to relive their hen-nights.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:42 am
I haven't picked the spot yet but I expect it will be through my local community centre. I have a girlfriend moving to my area (her house is on the market now) in the near future and she's agreed to *branch out* a night or two a week. We'll pick something close to us both once she's relocated.

I'll post the *adventures of* once it happens.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » This is not a gripe against the PTB at A2K.....but......
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 10:56:52