Reopened, Letter to US Mfrs,

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 12:51 pm
Don't depend upon the final judgment of your engineers but field a few prototypes to lower-level employees before undertaking production. You might be surprised at some of the obvious deficiencies they'll report

Oster micro Though its software somewhat complex for the Average Clod (me), one feature I like especially is the occasional beep reminding me to fetch my coffee. However you have probably lost tens of thousands if not millions of potential repeat customers by making its time display almost unreadable in a lighted room

Keurig 1-cup Very handy means for a quick cuppa java though its software also leaves a little to be desired: Until your typical user catches on, a step performed out of order places the unit in a state resembling total malfunction

For instance I was confounded to learn you hadfta turn it on before adding water and ensconcing K-Cup

(…,.a complaint apparently not restricted to Keurig. Earlier, another "modern" unit of different make we had struggled with for several years before junking: Though probably it was "okay" all that time, your Typical Dimwit [me again] couldn't cope)

But Keurig's biggest mistake was omitting means after brewing to keep it warm

HS8420 Nivea Razor"...for Men"?????? C'mon fellas, you didn't even provide it a sideburn trimmer!!!

Otherwise it gives a pretty close shave though for some reason compared to other rotaries I've used it puts up more resistance, greater friction, across the skin. One gets the distinct impression you've attempted to adapt a girl's model to our needs but you've failed miserably. Even its shape, my big male hand finds difficult to comfortably grasp

Those just three recent examples in my 84 years, dozens or scores if not hundreds of such failings with new products of all sorts, suggesting insufficient preliminaries

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 488 • Replies: 10
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:15 pm
Zest: what gave you people the idea that we want a bar with less soap to skin contact so that we need to provide more scrubbing action (work)?

GoldBond: When you put your super thick skin cream in a pump action bottle the last 10-15% will not come out of the bottle. Why is it not in a jar?

To many manufactures: when your grocery store products are in boxes or bags that are now too thin to be relied on to get the product home without packaging failure YOU HAVE FAILED!. Sometimes saving 2 cents is not worth it.

To many manufacturers: You know that allegedly easy open tamper proof lid you put under the plastic cap on bottles of liquids? it usually does not work, I need to get a knife to open it. And why do we need yet another tamper indicator when the hard plastic lid also functions as one? Why is this hard plastic lid also sometimes shrink wrapped? Are these products in such danger that we need THREE tamper detection systems on each bottle?
roger

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:15 pm
@dalehileman,
Yeah! And when you write instructions, quit making them for people who already know how to use the product.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:24 pm
On demand water heater people: All my life I have been able to have hot water during power outages, I "upgrade" and now I dont because you did not design a battery power system into your unit. You suck.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk I most wholeheartedly endorse your posting re demand heater. It's as if something terrible is happening to the brains of the techs and engineers who do that sort of thing. I wonder too whether many or most aren't capable of reading or avoid contact with The Web, especially forums such as this

Goodn's, Rog, Hawk!!!! Regarding battery incidentally: Unrestrained fission is apodictically bound to kill us all or at least curtail intelligent thought so how it could have been advanced as a source of power by the tech type possessing an IQ exceeding 31 is beyond me. Clearly we'd be 'way better off with fusion; but in the meantime let's concentrate our ingenuity, while we still have some, on the development of The Better rechargeable Battery
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 02:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
super thick skin cream in a pump action bottle
Yea Hawk,or the tube that doesn't quite reach bottom

…or it reaches bottom center but not the remainder around a conic bottom. Do these merchandisers not understand about gravity
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 02:23 pm
@dalehileman,
Super thick stone ground mustard in a squeeze bottle?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Y9aamgNnL.jpg

WTF?

Lets see the IQ test results of the idiot who green lit this idea please.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 01:14 am
Several years ago I bought from Costco a deluxe Oster toaster...it does everything, and well. It has four push buttons on the front with cool matching LED lights, you push the right buttons to get the job done correctly. After wiping the thing down twice with 409 the labels on the buttons were gone. Shocked Now I dont know what the buttons are for.

Manufacturer: if you are going to sell me an expensive deluxe toaster please for the sake of God spend the 4 cents it would take to make sure that the buttons that operate it have labels that remain in place after normal cleaning.

tyvm.
roger

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 01:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Mine's a Cuisinart. Nice brand but a piece of crap. It takes so long to toast, it cooks the bread all the way through. I only mention this because it came with instructions. It came with more instructions than my computer. Does this make sense?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 01:55 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Mine's a Cuisinart. Nice brand but a piece of crap. It takes so long to toast, it cooks the bread all the way through. I only mention this because it came with instructions. It came with more instructions than my computer. Does this make sense?
that is what some of the buttons are for, you tell the toaster if it is toasting a thick piece or a thin piece and it fires up the heat accordingly. Another button is for warming pop tarts, but I dont know which one anymore. I have no idea what button 4 does.

The wife hates it, she say no matter what she does she ends up with burnt toast. She only tries about twice a year now. My solution is to hit some buttons any pray, watching it the whole time and trying to hit the eject button at the right moment.

It would help if the button labels had not been printed with easy to remove ink, or were they decals, I dont remember.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2014 12:58 pm
@dalehileman,
Then there's men's clothing: Guys, where do they make 'em, and don 't you give 'em any sort of specs to work from

Take just our shirts: Typically they're not long enough, so that bottom creeps up out of our trousers. The hem should come down to about pecker level. Almost invariably the sleeves are 4" to 6" too short

..while it seems every year the pocket gets smaller and smaller. Guys, don't they carry pens and pencils over there, or maybe a Kleenex pak. Please advise 'em at the shallowest corner it must be at least 5-1/2 in. deep; equally wide

I'm sure we have a like number of gripes about trousers; but at least, fellas, advise 'em to make more room in the crotch for our parts. But why--are theirs much smaller than ours

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Reopened, Letter to US Mfrs,
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 11:43:32