Anarchist Federation

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 01:48 am
Anarchist Federation
"The Anarchist Federation aims to abolish capitalism and all oppression to create a free and equal world, without leaders and bosses, and without wars or environmental destruction".
There are much more comprehensive statements of their philosophy.
The essential point about them is that their beguiling use of the term Anarchism is not how this writer would or does use it.
What they clearly believe in is something closer to what is here called Altruism.
They do not believe in social chaos or presumably terrorism to achieve their ends.
They do have a social ethic, and one opposed to authoritarianism.
Probably their main drawback is in use of the term anarchism, which has entirely different connotations for most ordinary people.
What this country needs is more use of the term Responsible Freedom - Responsible speech, rather than Free Speech which can only mean Free discussion, and not uncontrolled babbling, and calumny.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 251 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 03:01 am
"Anarchist Federation" . . . ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . . can you say oxymoron?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2014 03:13 am
@RW Standing,
I used to share the common misconception that anarchy was about mob rules and dog-eat-dog chaos, but then I had to study it in a class about the French Revolution. I doubt their ideal will ever be realized, but as an ideal, it's a good one. There are a lot of good ideas that just don't work in real life.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anarchist Federation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:28:14