ontology protege doesn't classify individuals in two classes

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 07:18 am
Hello,
We are making a music ontology with Artists, Groups, Albums and Music recording sales Certifications (Gold, Platine, Diamond).
We have defined the 3 certifications using a data property numberDiscSold (integer) like this:

Disque_Diamant: numberDiscSold some integer[>= 500000]
Disque_Or: numberDiscSold some integer[>= 50000]
Disque_Platine: numberDiscSold some integer[>= 100000]

We created an Album, albumBeatles where numberDiscSold equals 150000. We thought that after startint the reasoner, it would be classified in Disque_Or and Disque_Platine, but it's only in Disque_Platine. Can someone explain us why the albumBeatles isn't in the 2 classes?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,142 • Replies: 5
No top replies

timur

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 07:26 am
Ontologically, where do you class your anthology?
patate17

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 07:35 am
@timur,
Hi, I'm not sure I understand what you mean but I would want that my albumBeatles which was sold 150 000 times to be classified in the class Disque_Or(Gold) and Disque_Platine(Platinium) not only in Disque_Platine.
timur

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 07:58 am
@patate17,
You are making an anthology, not an ontology.

I'm not used to your software but usually instances like the ones you call have to be separated, by a semi-colon, for example.

I'd peruse through the manual to find out how to deal with a double query.
patate17

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 08:21 am
@timur,
Oh ok, i didn't know that.
http://imgur.com/QOsAqI1

That's what looks like our anthology. What I meant by Disque_Or: numberDiscSold some integer... was that we defined Disque_Or equivalent To numberDiscSold some integer[>=50000].
timur

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 08:30 am
@patate17,
I understand your query but I have no way to solve it as I don't use your software.

However, on other software, queries have to be separated..
0 Replies