Pretended Democracy

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:30 am
For more than 200 (!) years Americans paid lip-service to their tradition of welcoming immigrants from around the world with giving them mythical advantage over other nations. And only now it's seemed to us President Obama has decided to set the wheels in motion through realizing his program to grant real state's protection for millions of illegal immigrants. But the joy all of us, those who've lived in America more than 5 years, have children with US citizenship, who are functioning properly and paying their fair share of taxes, has turned into bitterness! Republicans, who took full control of Congress this January, warned that the President would face serious consequences for what they described as an unconstitutional power grab. Some of them are ready even to proclaim impeachment of the President, as they want to make up their mind with the situation (www.nytimes.com/2014/11/26/us/obamas-immigration-action-reinvigorates-tea-party.html?_r=0) where most undocumented immigrants will be saving from deportation by receiving work permits, government-provided social and medical security!
Here is American democracy and freedom in action!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 216 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:35 am
@Wilfredo,
"where most undocumented immigrants will be saving from deportation"...

So, when did you migrate to the USA, and why would you be so against anyone else doing so, or being allowed to stay?

Don't tell me you were born and bred there.
jespah

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:42 am
@Lordyaswas,
I doubt he can find the US on a map.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:48 am
@jespah,
It's just down a bit from Canadia, isn't it?

Apart from the Island of Alaska, of course.
jespah

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
I thought it was under Oz. No wonder my space heater isn't keeping up.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:01 am
@Lordyaswas,
from where i am in canada, a fair bit of it is above me

http://www.investinmiddlesex.ca/sites/default/files/img/MC%26NEUSA1.jpg

i'm in the southern most point
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:05 am
@djjd62,
Get out while you can!

You're surrounded!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:09 am
@Wilfredo,
Quote:
For more than 200 (!) years Americans paid lip-service to their tradition of welcoming immigrants from around the world with giving them mythical advantage over other nations

Should I bother pointing out to Wilfredo that 200 years ago every American was an immigrant? The people who weren't immigrants weren't allowed to become American citizens.

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:30 am
@maxdancona,
But that doesn't fit in with the Russian propaganda script!

Remember: in Soviet Russia, propaganda spreads you!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:38 am
@djjd62,
Looking at that map, you live near London, dj.

How come we've never met?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:41 am
@djjd62,
You are further south than I am. I didn't realize that was possible for a Canadian.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:43 am
@maxdancona,
Bryan Adams has been to Australia, which is about fifty miles southwest of Florida if memory serves.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pretended Democracy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 10/10/2024 at 08:26:13