Is Nigger an OK Word to Use?

Wilso

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:51 pm
@Tetty,
You haven't been here long enough to realise that seems to be his purpose in life. It's been noted by just about everyone. Eventually, you'll just go to his profile and click ignore, and A2K will get just a little better for you.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:06 pm
@Wilso,
Now that all depends upon ones definition of better. Overly emotional types like yourself had best take me with some moderation. Your nerves cant handle full on Hawkeye.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:11 pm
@Tetty,
Tetty wrote:

And second, because you can't read well enough to realize I said, admittedly with more tact and less like a puffed up ass than you, damn near the same thing.

Bull. ****.

I encourage people to say what they want. You dont. There is a world between your beliefs on communication and personal freedom and mine. Your bitching about my alleged lack of tact just reinforces that. The sensitive ears that one finds now are a throwback to the days when people spent too much time in church, could not anymore deal with the world as it is. THis is not a good thing.
0 Replies

Tetty

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:04 am
@Wilso,
Thanks for the heads up. I'll take your advise because I've yet to read one shread of useful input in his posts. I'll miss nothing important in not seeing them. Since I gained nothing in reading them to begin with, I'm sure it will improve things.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:08 am
@Tetty,
Hawkeye likes to shock, he's like the naughty boy at school where any attention, good or bad, is better than none.

He's already said as much.

hawkeye10 wrote:
And for the truly ignorant: Not caring is very destructive. Give me hate over not caring any day.

http://able2know.org/topic/285616-5#post-5996110
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:14 am
@Tetty,
I'll argue the opposite. IMO, Hawk strives to be provocative and often succeeds. He makes you sharpen your thinking to punch holes in his arguments. Despite his hyperbole, he generally doesn't start with the personal attacks and he typically keeps the language clean. If he is punching your buttons, that is his intent and if that makes you uncomfortable you can "ignore" him, but if you are looking for real debate on the Internet you need to keep folks like Hawk around.
Wilso

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 06:39 am
@engineer,
Fair enough statement that he doesn't make it as personal as some of the other RWNJ's, but ultimately, he just becomes a tiresome bore, who doesn't really have the intellect to raise a serious debate.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 10:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
As a black man I never used the word unless the word is the topic of conversation.
0 Replies

hibbitus

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2017 01:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am 70 years old and white. As a lad, I used the word, just like everyone around me did. When I grew up, I gave up using the word. I didn't find it offensive (words are just sounds we make), but it was hurtful to people I admired and treasures. There are contexts where the word is appropriate, but they are rare; I sometimes use it with black people I know well to demonstrate the attitude of some racists. I never use it around other white people.
0 Replies

hibbitus

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 03:28 pm
PS. I am white, and this is one of those rare occasions where I feel no guilt at all using the N word. I believe it is justified in the context.
0 Replies