17

Is Nigger an OK Word to Use?

hawkeye10

-3  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 02:45 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/thsmiley_sigh.gif Maybe someday people will grow the **** up and learn that hate only breeds more hate. Stupidity only breeds more stupidity.

Maybe someday people will grow the **** up and realize that if civilization is to succeed then we must be able to communicate freely, that ideas must compete on a level playing field.

Priorities man. I understand that we now suck at this. We used to be better.
engineer

4  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 03:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
When did we used to be better?

As far as I can tell, you can say anything you want and no one will beat you up or fire you or arrest you. Someone else can then say anything they want about what you said back to you and no one will beat them up or fire them or arrest them. Isn't that the pinnacle of free speech? When was it better?

If you want to say what you want and no one is allowed to take you to task for it, that is just free speech for you.
hawkeye10

-1  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:10 pm
@engineer,
I encourage people to say what is on their minds, pretty much always. In this case I want to know who's minds bave become warped by victim culture. I make an effort to surround my self with more stout smarter people, so knowing who to not waste time on is a plus.

And no, using the "wrong" words should never be a crime, and should rarely be grounds for ending employment.
Frank Apisa

3  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

So...it is an OK word to use.

Go into a black bar in a black area...and use it.

Show us what you are made of.

Wilso

4  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:43 pm
I'm not in the US, but I can't imagine a circumstance where it would be OK for me to use it, except maybe explaining to my kids why they shouldn't.

firefly

5  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 05:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
knowing who to not waste time on is a plus

And a middle-aged white guy, who wonders whether nigger is an okay word to use, would be at the top of my list of who not to waste time on.
hawkeye10

-1  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 06:43 pm
@firefly,
So you are one vote for encouraging people to speak their minds freely, correct?

FBM

4  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

FBM wrote:

Weak rationalizations there. Cooperation is far more important to society than communicating freely. You're not going to get a lot of cooperation from people at whom you hurl insulting epithets, racial or otherwise.
hawkeye10

-2  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:31 pm
@FBM,
Cooperation is far more important to society than communicating freely.
You are an idiot....policing of communication is one of the top five tools of dictators and authoritarian regimes. Have you not wondered why the leaders of Islam are so pissed off about certain cartoons being published in France? If you want cooperation then you need to make a good argument for it and otherwise convince them to cooperate, any attempt to create your utopia trough communication controls will for 100% certain be hijacked by those who are smarter than you, those who know how to subjugate you, who will do it because their is a lot of profit in it for them. When it comes to free communication the choice is not between cooperation and free communication, it is between being slaves to power and free communication.

I choose to be free. I will not give that up because you have fantasies of living in a utopia that will never happen.

GROW UP

FBM

3  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
You appear to be thinking of some sort of ideal society. In reality, people will resist even a good idea if they've learned to dislike the person that presents it. A great way to create that atmosphere of animosity is to use insulting language about another person or group. End of cooperation.
hawkeye10

-2  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:36 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

People need a kick in the ass about as often as they need a cooperative buddy.

ARGUMENT REJECTED
FBM

3  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yeah, let me know how that works out for you, gestapo.
FOUND SOUL

3  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Freedom of speech is all well and good.

If there weren't laws, we'd all be shooting each other, raping each other or stealing.

If there were not morals, we'd all be evil.

As a kid being bought up in Australia, there were two rules when it came to words that I was taught by my parents. Never, use the "n" word, it's not polite and never use the "c" word, it's disgusting, be a lady. 100% agree and yet, I live, in, Australia.
hawkeye10

-1  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:43 pm
@FOUND SOUL,

and look at all of the criminalized speech and censorship you Australians have now. You are a good lesson in what not to do.
hawkeye10

-1  
Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:47 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

You are even more stupid than I thought, the NAZI were some of the best practitioners of language control, along with a whole host of other programs to work on building their Aryan utopia, often by force. The existence of the Gestapo is exactly what I am arguing to prevent, because of how much evil and heartache and death that comes after.

I am out. I used to think you had a brain. Now I know better.
FBM

3  
Fri 16 Jan, 2015 12:10 am
@hawkeye10,
You brought up the kick in the ass, like a jack-booted thug.

FOUND SOUL

3  
Fri 16 Jan, 2015 12:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Ah Hawkeye, we have no guns... That's just a start...

I think "N" is wrong. My opinion.

1  
Fri 16 Jan, 2015 02:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
If Chicken Little can't use racist language how is he going to combat the (quite justified) feeling of inferiority when he meets a black man who is physically, mentally, emotionally , intellectually, spiritually and aesthetically superior, because they all are. Then again so are squirrels.
coldjoint

-3  
Fri 16 Jan, 2015 12:52 pm

Mean spirited, vindictive, and racist.http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/handjob.gif

bobsal u1553115

1  
Sat 17 Jan, 2015 07:16 am
@firefly,
That's a fair bar.