conscious awareness does it move.

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 10:18 pm
Yeah does conscious awareness move the same way as an object moves.example you are on a moving train talking to another passenger to whom you are stationary .are your conscious awarenesses moving in the reference frame of the train.or are your awareness stationary as regards each other.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 460 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 11:37 pm
@martinies,
I once had it when both awarenesses happened on the commute into London.

I was talking to a fellow commuter, when suddenly, his conscious awareness left the train at Harrow and I had to finish the conversation by shouting, even though his physical being was right next to me.

When his conscious awareness was too far away to communicate with any more, I just turned and started a conversation with another commuter whose conscious awareness had only wandered as far as the restaurant carriage.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 12:02 am
@Lordyaswas,
Do u serve in the House of Lords ??
neologist

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 12:03 am
@Lordyaswas,
I, too, was aware of that, once. I was conscious at the time.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 12:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
No, that's called a waiter.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 12:04 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

Yeah does conscious awareness move the same way as an object moves.example you are on a moving train talking to another passenger to whom you are stationary .are your conscious awarenesses moving in the reference frame of the train.or are your awareness stationary as regards each other.
After u use a period,
u shud hit the SPACE BAR.

That is the definition of civilization.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 12:07 am
@martinies,
Did I miss something here?
My consciousness might not have been aware
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 12:10 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
No, that's called a waiter.
Is that better than waiting
in the House of Commons ??
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 12:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
One should never wait in the House of Commons when one is a Lord.

Unless it's the Queen's speech of course.
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 02:14 am
When we measure the speed of a photon relative to the photon at c we are stationary. So how does that effect us as an observer consciouness on a moving train. Is our brain moving and our consciousness not.? And what if two trains pass each other are the consciouses of the passing observers moving in relativity whilst measuring the same photon.?
fresco

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 02:47 am
@martinies,
You are indulging in a stream of psych0logical and philosophical questions which you are confusing with matters of physical theory. Unless you are prepared to read about such debates as materialism versus idealism, your questions tend to be vacuous.
To give you an idea of the range of reading material, google David Chalmers who has compiled over 7000 papers on consciousness.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 02:53 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:
When we measure the speed of a photon relative to the photon at c we are stationary. So how does that effect us as an observer consciouness on a moving train. Is our brain moving and our consciousness not.? And what if two trains pass each other are the consciouses of the passing observers moving in relativity whilst measuring the same photon.?
THANK U. Note that when u add a question mark,
u do not also use a period.

Do u know that?

David
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 03:11 am
Ok teach.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » conscious awareness does it move.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:47:30