BIG 264 UK

margsy

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 04:05 am
Can anyone please help me with a few clues
15d (O?O?R)geological division
70a (PALEC?C)diatribe
l would be very grateful for any assistance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 682 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 04:13 am
@margsy,
Could 15d be EPOCH ?
cherrie

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 04:51 am
@margsy,
Lordy is right with epoch.
The other one is POLEMIC
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 07:05 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thank you for your help.
margsy

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 07:07 am
@margsy,
A big thank you to those who helped me.
James34

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 12:56 pm
@margsy,
Hi margsy
You are a few letters out by the look. Have just started the Goliathon.
Received the Collection yesterday. Happy Autumn puzzling. It has been an Indian summer.
Enjoy your summer Cherrie.
Jim
cherrie

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:55 pm
@James34,
We're not quite up to summer yet James. It's freezing here at the moment, we had more snow on the mountains yesterday. I'm starting to wonder if winter is ever going to go away.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 12:31 am
@margsy,
You're welcome.

I only hope it didn't muck up the connecting answers too much.
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 04:44 am
@James34,
Hi, have now finished the Goliathon, and l also have received Puzzle Collection, done a bit with it already, what is perplexing me is the photo find, small dogs, l am having a real problem as all the dogs look alike and l do not know a lot of dog breed names, but will probably leave that until the last. As for the Big, l have managed to complete a fair few of the puzzles and as to whether they are right l will have to see, the one l am now doing is the Acrostic, at the moment it looks daunting but no doubt once l get going there will be no stopping. How are things with you, our weather down here has been up and down like a yoyo, hubby not been well lately, he still thinks he can do things he did when he was young, he is trying to forget how old he really is, 76yrs. We just recently had our 50th wedding anniversary but he was real bad so we could not do anything, saving it for when he is more fit and the boys can sort out their days off , will say ttfn and hope this finds you well and ready for the crossword challenge.
James34

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:32 am
@margsy,
Hi
Just finished The Goliathon, except for one clue.Looked at the photo find, will pass on this. Acrostic, the one in Big, I have finished, the one in The Collection is much easier. Weather still warm, guess it is because we are so out of the way in Norfolk Smile
Just tell your hubby to chill and go with the flow, he is a young man getting older. I know how he feels.
Take care
Jim
0 Replies

Hayday

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 09:35 pm
@margsy,
If it's any help, I know most dog breeds of the world. I grew up around dog shows, now have my own dogs, and frequently assist at breed-specific rescues. If you are stuck, fire away :-)
margsy

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 05:16 am
@Hayday,
You really have to see the pics to know which is which, but thank you for offering to help.
0 Replies