Urgent! I need to know whether this sentence is grammatically correct.

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 09:27 pm
Hey everyone. Please take a look at the following sentence. If it's breaking any grammar rule, let me know which one. If you're not sure about the particular rule, just let me know if you think it sounds iffy. I'd appreciate any alternatives you might consider using instead. Thank you!

... "Here is a small list of everyday uses that this versatile plant can be implemented for your personal or business needs."

*List*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 420 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 11:10 am
@oenciso87,
S/b "short list"

Something wrong with "implemented for,"don't know exactly what but sure somebody smarter than I will respond. Maybe

"Here is a short list of everyday uses for which this versatile plant can be implemented to fulfil your personal or business needs."
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 11:25 am
@oenciso87,
What bothers me Cis, is that your "for" seems to be standing for two needs, "by which" and "to serve" but of course it's terribly awkward to write "…implemented for for your…."
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 12:18 pm
@oenciso87,
- Here is a small list of everyday uses where this versatile plant can be applied.
- Here is a small list of personal and business applications where this plant can be used.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Urgent! I need to know whether this sentence is grammatically correct.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/16/2024 at 09:23:29