Fun Friday Posts/Dancing on tables?

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 10:20 am
Have you ever danced, yes, on a table top? And please share the particulars, where, when and why...Able2know minds want to know!

Happy Friday!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 925 • Replies: 7
No top replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:14 am
YES!! The memory crossed my mind just the other day. A group of friends, about six of us, went to see James Brown at the ParkWest in Chicago many, many years ago. As anyone who's seen The Godfather knows, it was a stupendous show and I eventually ended up on the table top, shaking my ass and having a ball!
The reviewer wrote in his column the next day, "The people did not come to see James Brown. They came to praise him."
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 12:01 pm
Humm...tabletops..no I can most generally be found underneath them
Ive been known to dance, even to dance on rooftops or the higher of a set of bunk beds but, sadly enough..my life has lacked tabletop dancing so far
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 03:29 pm
Yep, I was about 19 and I went to Greece with my sister. We met up with two other Irish girls and several lads and were happily boozed up. We went to a Greek bar and they were playing music however the people at the bar were less gregarious than the previous bar we had come from. Anyway, someone told me to get up on the table to dance and I didn't think twice. I was happy and didn't care and the others egged me on and soon people at other tables got into it and joined in. When I got off the table to go order more drinks the owner gave us the next round for free and told me to go back and dance on the table! I was delighted and I still look back at the pictures taken of me and the big hairy Greek owner dancing on the table. That was an excellent night where we learned some Greek dancing and threw our shot glasses against the fireplace (as directed by the bar-owner of course!)
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 12:41 am
Actually, I am not sure. I do have a funny
feeling that way back in 1981 or so, I did do something of this nature during a college trip to Indianapolis, (a genuine hub of entertainment & culture), but I was, er - a wee bit drunk, and I seem to remember
that a good many of us students were all in the hotel bar, and I was
either dancing on the table or dancing while removing parts of my clothing....a dear friend picked me up and put me in my room, to
bed (thankful to him still) That is just ONE of the troubles with drinking
- for me; you can't even remember the things that you did OR if you
had a good time doing them. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:12 am
Twice that mattered.

Once at a semi-formal dinner dance about 25 years ago. I decided to get up on the table and liven things up by getting up on the table after dinner and sing a rousing chorus of Jolene. It definitely livened things up. The horrid little cover band joined in, a couple of friends got up on their tables and we sang and danced until the real music started.

Then there was an Oktoberfest, where it was so crowded we couldn't get to the dancefloor through the crowd. A buddy and I got up on the table, with the plan to get to the dancefloor by walking from table to table. Once we got up there we decided to just dance where we were. We didn't knock over much beer, as most people took it with them to the dance floor. Oompah Oompah Oompah pah. Smiling Walter Ostanek - gotta love his band!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:50 am
I don't ever remember dancing on a table, but I've danced on top of a bar several times. Does that count? When I was bartending I would occationally stay after my shift and quite a few times 2 or 3 of us girls would end up on the bar dancing our hearts out. What a blast that was :-D
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 09:09 am
One of my former employers built a new joint acoupla years ago, bearing in mind that it would be nice to have people dancing on the bar. Took a while before someone dared to get up on it, and get down!

That someone was me, and my best friend Brian, after a day on the Christmas Market here in town. Bear in mind, in Germany, Christmas Markets aren't there to buy things for Christmas, but more to drink stupendous amounts of glühwein!

We had met on the market pretty early, around four, and we thought it was excellent, because then perhaps we wouldn't be out till that late... At nine we came in to our buddy's bar, in a good mulled wine state of party mind. Coupla cuba libres later the DJ played " YMCA", and we decided it was time that somebody got the party really going.

There and then we designated ourselves to be the animateurs of the evening. My wife wanted to die at first, meaning that I'm too old for that crap. I ignored that remark, and got up there as #1, breaking in that 30 feet long bar! It was an awesome feeling, because in a couple of minutes the whole place were doing the YMCA-dance!

Needless to say, we've been up there a coupla more times,last time was this weekend. Once the guy who owns the bar fell down, and broke a rib or two! The only casualty, actually.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fun Friday Posts/Dancing on tables?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 06:37:26